Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Firmware Released

Can't wait to try the new wah sounds tonight. Out of curiosity do most of you guys just use default wah settings or do you end up making some tweaks? I've found myself lost in the vortex of tweaking different wahs in the past.

Thanks Cliff--had a session earlier today where everyone was raving about my mk1 and I was telling them about the relentless passion of its creator, and the extraordinary lengths he goes to to serve his customers....and then come home to find you've made it possible for Mk1 users to enjoy the ride a little longer...Thanks! REALLY appreciate it!!!!

Wah is so good now it has me in tears! blubbering all over the place! It cuts so good in h-gain patches! Wah Wah Wah Wah - I'm a mess!

I'm so glad i made the jump from tube amps to FAS :)
Proud owner of an MKII, and definitly LOVE IT !Thanks Cliff !

Installed 6.00 and immediately tested my go-to amp, USA Lead BRT + with the same settings and cabs I always use: instant magic!
I don't know whether it's placebo effect, but I never felt the same with this amp with previous fw upgrades. For sure, to my ears, it's so organic now, especially the hi-mid and high frequencies are so well blended... sounds a bit closer to Mark V in Mark IV mode, I believe. And it's easier to dial in.
I'd like to read other comments, but this is my feeling. :)

I have to agree with Maurizio :)

except I never really used USA models much, I could not get them to sound how I thought they should sound - kinda chewy and spongy.

But it is really easy to do with 6.0. now.

Fenders came alive for me - I mean all of them. They were good before, but most of them not very interesting - now they are ridiculously simple to dial in.

I said it with Q5 - if no update came it would great. But with Q6 I am even happier, which is hard to believe. Again. :)

Thank you FAS and Cliff, you did it again. AGAIN!

:)

Best Firmware ever! Also the new TMA Monitor TAB is very helpful! Although i would prefer to keep the export Tab as last. But now you can tweak local source EQ relevant parameters when matching in realtime to reduce not needed EQ compensation on the TMA side. Thumps up! A detached Monitor window for Axe-Edit with realtime high resolution view would be even more heaven, also `cause you have not to switch between local source parameters and Monitor window all the time. But as i said: Great improvement! Thanks Cliff!

Did i mention the popping when switching Bright switch in Bassguy 59? Little bug?

I agree whole heartedly but I'd place Cliff in the company of Les Paul, the other guy who forever changed guitar playing.
I mosdef appreciate cliff and his products but I'm guessing you're not aware of some of the guitars it Les Paul's history.
When Les Paul tried to find makers for his prototype Fender already sold the Broadcaster (Telecaster).
And Rickenbacker had the first commercially available solid body guitar a decade before the Les proto.
The sales of Les Paul's had declined enough that Gibson stored making them in 61, originally calling the SG Les Paul. Les ended his relationship with Gibson and only resumed after the Les Paul gained popularity again by Clapton using and actually popularising it. Blues breakers era.

Also Les' more important achievements were that he popularised the use of delay and sound on sound (multi tracking) but again he did not invent it.

I mosdef appreciate cliff and his products but I'm guessing you're not aware of some of the guitars it Les Paul's history.
When Les Paul tried to find makers for his prototype Fender already sold the Broadcaster (Telecaster).
And Rickenbacker had the first commercially available solid body guitar a decade before the Les proto.
The sales of Les Paul's had declined enough that Gibson stored making them in 61, originally calling the SG Les Paul. Les ended his relationship with Gibson and only resumed after the Les Paul gained popularity again by Clapton using and actually popularising it. Blues breakers era.

Also Les' more important achievements were that he popularised the use of delay and sound on sound (multi tracking) but again he did not invent it.

My late grandmother on my dad's side was friends with Les and Mary.

She used to go out dancing with them, along with her husband, as a couples night out.

Weird Al Yankovic's father was the band leader / accordion player at the dance hall where they used to go.

Thanks a ton Cliff for listening to the mk1/2 crowd (as usual). Glad we are still in the game (for now). Hope we can enjoy the updates for a long time. Happy Mk1 user!!

Back
Top Bottom