Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Firmware Released

tumblr_m6iod70pFl1qjxn0no6_250.png

Cliff! Thanks from the bottom of my Mk1! She was almost feeling left out, but overjoyed it's postponed for just a bit longer!

Best firmware yet by far! Before updating I loaded a simple verge of breakup Super Reverb patch and played for 10-15 minutes (Q5.03). I then updated to Q6.00 and began playing through the same patch. Improvement in dynamic response, with pick and fingers, was immediately noticeable. Someone used the word bounce to describe how the amp sims feel in Q6.00 and I concur.

Thank you Cliff for going through the effort of fitting Q6.00 into the MkI/II boot ROM! :)

Yeah I concur. The dynamic response seems to have a lot more range or something. I'm not sure if this is specific to 6.00, but it I can hear "The notes go "grrrrrrr" instead of "shhhhhhh"", as Cliff described it, noticeably this time around.

the opposite of ps (i don't know wtf is the abbreviation of that) : the sentences below are based on a five minute experience:

i LOVED the iic+ bright/deep with a sour smile (shouldn't make it laugh hard, it sounds bad that way, 'f' wording very bad!).

I liked the JJ ax7 much more than the sylvania ax7.

Unfortunately, no comment on the wah since my only midi controller is one that has eight on/off buttons and only one usb port. I developed a small program to use it. It should not be this hard :)

I'm a really glad MK2 owner because I could install this firmware. I appreciate all the effort, and feel sorry for the carpal tunnel problem @FractalAudio . I hope you get well soon, as soon as your firmware updates, and the solutions you bring to us.

You know what, I felt emotional today after a few months maybe, I don't experience that shit so often. I felt that somebody CARES for us. This makes me feel so good. This sounds so good. This feels so good while playing. Thank you. And even if Quantum v7 does not come for MK1/2, I don't have a single word to say, i have three of 'em: THANK YOU FAS!

Last edited:
Thank you Cliff for keeping the Mk I & II alive! My Mk I is the best piece of gear I've ever purchased. It's better than Beano to reduce GAS :D

Do I need to select my amp back and forth to get the new sound, or is that just for the wah settings?

Can a memory chip be installed on the Mark 1 and 2's to be able to handle the new code? Is that something Fractal can provide to Mark 1 and II customers to do?

No. See FractalAudio's post, below:

It's impossible. While larger boot ROMs may be available in that package, the extra needed address lines are not present. A parallel memory requires N address lines for 2^N memory locations. So even if there were a ROM that was four times bigger it wouldn't work because the two extra address lines required are not there.

SCUSE my French but, HOLY SHIT. ( no offense to our French Brothers )

Leo Fender, Jim Marshall, Cliff Chase. PERIOD

I agree whole heartedly but I'd place Cliff in the company of Les Paul, the other guy who forever changed guitar playing.

AC-20 12AX7 T w/ a Treble Booster into either an AC-15 or AC-30 cab w/ KSM313 mic. Add some Tape Delay and a bit of Reverb and it's edge-of-breakup sonic bliss.

I turned the Tube Bias down to about 0.8 and increased Supply Sag a bit to give it a little more bloom and sag.

What setting for tube bias? 0.8 didn't seem a good value for Preamp Bias or Power Amp bias?

Back
Top Bottom