Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Firmware Released

The biggest improvement I see is in playing on neck position humbuckers. They've always been a bit muddy and indistinct in the AFX2, but no more. The neck position on my Les Paul sounds great on any patch I tried it on in 6.0.

I finally got some time this weekend to install Q6 on my MkI and play a bit at healthy volume levels. There's no question for me, this is a significant improvement in the modeling. The feel when playing is definitely improved. As mentioned above, I'm also finding that switching to the neck humbucker in a few of my guitars works better- less mud and a better balance between the bridge and neck positions. I'm all the more glad and appreciative Cliff went to the trouble and effort to include us Mk1/2 owners in this update. This really is another significant jump forward IMO.

I finally got some time this weekend to install Q6 on my MkI and play a bit at healthy volume levels. There's no question for me, this is a significant improvement in the modeling. The feel when playing is definitely improved. As mentioned above, I'm also finding that switching to the neck humbucker in a few of my guitars works better- less mud and a better balance between the bridge and neck positions. I'm all the more glad and appreciative Cliff went to the trouble and effort to include us Mk1/2 owners in this update. This really is another significant jump forward IMO.

I'm inclined to agree though I can't point what it is exactly. In any case I was really enjoying the tones I was getting today with all of my guitars. I did not think Cliff could make the unit sound better but somehow he always manages to do it.

Cliff, any chance you can model the Schecter HellWin's Crunch/Lead Channels for next Firmware? XMas gift!!!!! Great Times ! Flav.

I'm inclined to agree though I can't point what it is exactly. In any case I was really enjoying the tones I was getting today with all of my guitars. I did not think Cliff could make the unit sound better but somehow he always manages to do it.

yet there are "vocal" minorities that wish to stay on old crusty firmware ;)

Wow Cliff ~ You've done it again! Thanks so much for these awesome updates that keep enhancing & improving tone and flexibility!

Your grateful fan, Hadley
Been a long time! I still have the Harmonic Converger from our test run days! Good to see ya & hope you're doing well!
-Perdi

+1

There's no question for me, this is a significant improvement in the modeling. The feel when playing is definitely improved.

Yes, I'm finding the same thing...v6 feels really good, best ever by far IMO. The output transformer/output tube interaction is a major contributor to tone/feel and improvements in that area are always tangible for me. I've always felt that the output stage interactions (tubes/output xfrmr/speaker coil) is where the magic lies in a real tube amp as far as feel and complex harmonics that change over time. v6 is very, very satisfying.

I also suspect Cliff/FAS will get even deeper into that complex interaction and raise the bar even higher...

Same here! And I didn't feel that through my headphones.
Got to really run 6.00 through the test this weekend, Best tones and feel I've experienced so far! Across the board, clean Crunch, Gain, all are just excellent!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom