Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Firmware Released

@Cliff: How many more firmwares revisions can we expect to work with the MKI/II until
it is out of memory?

I would be surprised if he could even answer that question
It would be dependant I would think in size and processing power
Of the updates

IM going from Q 3.02 to this 6.00. anything i need to know as far as presets changing or anything? or should i be good..Ive backed up everything as well.

if it's an xl you need to set the amp modeling to latest in the amp block - there's also a global setting that overrides and sets all presets to latest modeling vers too.

if you have a mk1 or 2 ignore all that :)

Last edited:
Assuming you are attached to a volume block, how is what you want different than setting the minimum value of the controller as @Admin M@ suggested?

You didn't read my whole post, I said I use this technique with multiple devices. Also, my approach is way simpler because I don't have to setup a separate block in each patch since it's global volume.

Upgraded from Q4 and its was like some magic dust was added.
All my tones are so much better now...everything is more open, singing and smooth sounding.
I started out with fw 6.0 years ago and have upgraded ever since...but this time it really made a huge difference.
Is it just me...or did cliff really nail this one?
This time I also made a system reset. Maybe I got rid of some old bugs?

Upgraded from Q4 and its was like some magic dust was added.
All my tones are so much better now...everything is more open, singing and smooth sounding.
I started out with fw 6.0 years ago and have upgraded ever since...but this time it really made a huge difference.
Is it just me...or did cliff really nail this one?
This time I also made a system reset. Maybe I got rid of some old bugs?
It's not you.

Reactions: sam
Played this last night in my covers band, WOW it just feels and sounds so much better, I don't even know if I know why, but it was indeed a joy to play every song, plenty of positive comment on my tone and the fact that I could get so many different tones from one box. Super happy!!!, to be fair I was happy at Q1 but this is a whole different world

@Cliff: How many more firmwares revisions can we expect to work with the MKI/II until
it is out of memory?
Cliff (thankfully) removed the option for older modeling in the MkI/II, giving us more space to keep pace for the time being. Without him doing that, we would have stopped at Q5. Those that require older modeling have to stay at Q5.0x.

As a long time Mark 1 owner, is it possible to purchase a replacement board to at least get some of the XL+ benefits? I know tne XL has other hardware changes, but that would at least keep my Mark 1 going for anlittle while longer?

Also, I know this has probably been asked and answered already, but did the ability to set a preset to a prior firmware go back to the prsets original firmware version or only say, Quantum 1?
All you're losing right now is older modeling. We're "Latest". What else do you lose? Not really that much. FASLINK? An extra bank or presets? A slightly different front panel screen? You're good for another year or two at least.

You didn't read my whole post, I said I use this technique with multiple devices. Also, my approach is way simpler because I don't have to setup a separate block in each patch since it's global volume.

I did read the whole thing... I just didn't quite follow what you were saying. But I gotcha now.

it is out of memory?

Based on the outstanding run of firmware updates we've had - at least since I've had my Mark II - I'd say let's savor what we GOT.

It's already exceeded my expectations. If that's the last FW update the M II ever received, I could run with that for years. I love this unit. Thanks again Cliff and everyone on the team!

Yup np with 6 on the Ax8 sounds awesome.
With my Ev1 leaving the wah in certain areas is a new interesting thing I would of never considered before.

I love Quantum 6, thanks for putting in the effort to get this on the Mark 1, and Mark II. The Plexi 50W Jump is pure heaven to me now. All the Fender cleans sound so realistic to me. The Mesa amps sound perfect, the Vox amps sound improved, and my Friedman patches sound better even though they were near perfect already.

If I upgrade to Q6 (from Q5) will it change the sound of my presets which use the wah block? - As in - Will the sound of the wah change.. Spent some serious time dialing the wah block in for some U2 and Slash presets, and dont want to alter them.

If I upgrade to Q6 (from Q5) will it change the sound of my presets which use the wah block? - As in - Will the sound of the wah change.. Spent some serious time dialing the wah block in for some U2 and Slash presets, and dont want to alter them.
The sound of the Wah has improved dramatically. Can't really do that without changing the sound. :)

Back
Top Bottom