Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta

Any opinions on sound yet? I think it definitely sounds meaner in power amp breakup, but could be placebo.

My comment got deleted. Are you guys kidding me?

I'd like to know the reason for that because I am astounded.

hahaha...I'm still on 1.02
was going to update but I think I'll wait for 3 to drop
BTW I think 1.02 sounds freaking killer

I am all about Dynamic Presence now!!! I have been messing around with it on the Morgan AC20 since I installed Q3 and I LOVE what it does to the break up quality. It has a really nice effect on how notes blend together too. Think that Curtis Mayfield/Jimi Hendrix rhythm approach in early breakup. I also like it for soaring leads on the neck pickup doing that 'vowel' quality thing. This is all testing on single coils BTW.

If you really want to know how awesome it is, turn it off once you have been playing with it for a while! :) ... Oh, what the hell happened?! ;)

EDIT: It seems like Dynamic Presence 'loosens things up' and brings out really interesting harmonics it kinda' smooths things over too and gives you a really interesting 'vowel' type growl that's very cool. It's hard to explain these things, just try it and I think you will be impressed!

Last edited:
As usual I will await the final RC with the accompanying Axe Edit, but looking fwd to the latest developments. The demos posted to the Facebook users group this afternoon by Cooper Carter and Guitarjon were spectacular sounding.

Thanks for your continued efforts Cliff!

I think that yes, this is a very subtle FW update. However, I can tell a difference. The presence control seems a little less likely to cause harshness, and a bit more gain can be used before things mush out.

I did notice that all my presets decreased in volume. Also noticed that some amps have a default dynamic presence setting of 1.0.

I'm curious if this is a weird thing on my side or if it's expected.

I'm finding that when it works with an amp, it works really well. The trick is finding the right amps...I'm guessing wrong more often than not, so don't ask me. :confused:

I think that yes, this is a very subtle FW update. However, I can tell a difference. The presence control seems a little less likely to cause harshness, and a bit more gain can be used before things mush out.

I did notice that all my presets decreased in volume. Also noticed that some amps have a default dynamic presence setting of 1.0.

I'm curious if this is a weird thing on my side or if it's expected.

I didn't notice a decrease in preset volume, but I got the default setting of 1.0 in some amps and 0 in others.

Curious. Why a major rev if it's a minor update?
Technically speaking, the amount of change is relative to what side of the bed you got up on. And then again, maybe after buying one of those round beds and putting it into the center of the room, I'm not good at answering technical questions.

Back
Top Bottom