Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta

Thank you very much I'm going to update my blacky box today and then start to record the first sound clip for upcoming MLSOUNDLAB cab-pack :).

Ok, just to be clear: if you set the "Dynamics Presence" to 0, is it like the Q2.04? Or maybe it still affects to the sound...

I´m asking becouse after installing Q3.00 and "reseting" the amp block (by selecting another amp and then going back) i think it sounds different even when the value is 0, but maybe it´s only in my head.

(It doesn´t sound "bad", just different);)

Thanks.:)

Ok, just to be clear: if you set the "Dynamics Presence" to 0, is it like the Q2.04? Or maybe it still affects to the sound...

I´m asking becouse after installing Q3.00 and "reseting" the amp block (by selecting another amp and then going back) i think it sounds different even when the value is 0, but maybe it´s only in my head.

(It doesn´t sound "bad", just different);)

Thanks.:)
Quote cliff: (Not a big change from 2.04. The power amp modeling is slightly improved. The biggest change is the operation of the Dynamic Presence control.) So I would think it will be slightly different by the power amp improvement.

Is this beta update stable? I mean, if you had 2 gigs in the weekend, would you upgrade or wait for final release?

Just curious, what cab are you using with the AC20?

I have no standard, i switch between several Cabs...
At the moment i like
Ownhammer "112 DLX" based on a Mojotone Narrow Panel Deluxe open back 1x12 cabinet.
and from CabIR Uk Triple Collection the ART 71.

From the Stock cabs
4x10 M160 and the 2x12 Topboost blue ( i usually try mixing different cabs left and right together)

I will try Yeks favs as well...

Thanx Cliff!! Cant wait to check it out tonight! So modest... "not a big change from 2.04..." then he goes on to explain something so intricate and specific that probably not even half of us (including me) would know the "listening and understanding" hours that go into programming something like that... So gracious!!! Best, Flav!

I love how you said "NOT A BIG CHANGE" this helped me hold of and actually get some sleep last night. Thank you for another update!

About Dynamic Presence:

"This models the output transformer leakage inductance that results in a brightening of the tone when the power amp is pushed. This control is set to a default value when the model is selected corresponding to the real amp, if applicable. Increasing this value results in a brighter response as the virtual power amp is pushed. When playing softly or at lower gains, the influence of this control is lessened. Note that this only affects the power amp modeling and is dependent on the degree of power amp overdrive. This control can also be set negative to cause the tone to darken when playing hard. This control can also be used to help “dial in” the sweet spot of an amp model. As the MV is increased an amp becomes more liquid, compressed and easier to play. However, the highs may get overly compressed causing the amp to sound too dark. The Dynamic Presence control allows you to get the desired power amp drive and liquid feeling and then bring the highs back without affecting the rest of the spectrum."

"Another way to look at it: a distortion-dependent treble filter".

And Be Warned.....at least to my settings and testing, the new Dweezil's B-Man has an ENORMOUS amount of gain at default, compared to the other Bassmen.
...which upon further noodling, may be a very good thing, with Input drive reduced.........

Back
Top Bottom