Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.04 Firmware Release

Do just enough to change the setting on "latest" into amp block or necessary to re-selection amp to any other options to take effect?

Do just enough to change the setting on "latest" into amp block or necessary to re-selection amp to any other options to take effect?
Changing the GLOBAL setting does not change the Amps in the PRESETS automatically. You must set your Presets how you want manually.

Changing GLOBAL will affect the amp when you select a new amp or create a new preset.

So
Changing the GLOBAL setting does not change the Amps in the PRESETS automatically. You must set your Presets how you want manually.

Changing GLOBAL will affect the amp when you select a new amp or create a new preset.

So if we have Global set to "LATEST" we still have to go in to each amp and change something??
I am confused.

So if we have Global set to "LATEST" we still have to go in to each amp and change something??
I am confused.
upgrading to 2.04 should set everything to Latest by default. so you really shouldn't have to do anything after the update.

separate from that, once you've installed the FW, changing GLOBAL does not change anything in current presets. the GLOBAL setting only affects the NEXT TIME you change amps - the new amp will change to whatever Global Modeling Version you selected.

My question is. If I changed Global set to "LATEST" and change set into amp block to latest, Do I need to change anything else (re-select or reset amp block for instance)?

upgrading to 2.04 should set everything to Latest by default. so you really shouldn't have to do anything after the update.

separate from that, once you've installed the FW, changing GLOBAL does not change anything in current presets. the GLOBAL setting only affects the NEXT TIME you change amps - the new amp will change to whatever Global Modeling Version you selected.

Not one of my 100+ presets was on latest even after I set it to latest in the global menu. I had to reset every amp, X & Y.

thank God for my good work ethic of always backing up. I programmed a bunch of presets with FW 2.02, just updated to 2.04. Global is at LATEST but all my presets say version 2.01.

thank God for my good work ethic of always backing up. I programmed a bunch of presets with FW 2.02, just updated to 2.04. Global is at LATEST but all my presets say version 2.01.

That's exactly what I experienced. No big deal. I just reset the amp, did a small amount of tweaking & I was back in business.

Last edited:
PS: Unbelievable as it may seem!! I tried the Friedman for the first time! Dude, it is literally impossible to stick to one amp! I have a Mesa Triaxis and just love it, and since I got the Axe FX II, when downloading V2p00 and some special guiding by a Youtuber, I finally matched the Mk IIC+ Mesa Tones! Also, I've become a fan of the Marshall (JMP-1) Brit Pre, for Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Ratt, etc... tones. I feel like I am cheating!!! I still own my Triaxis, and thought I would just use the Axe FX II as an effects unit, so I did initially put it in my rack, but felt I was not taking advantage of the units capabilities (obviously), so I made a separate rig for the Axe FX II with a Matrix GT800FX! I still have my Triaxis rig intact with a TC G major 2 and a Rocktron Velocity 300, just because it has been so good to me since I got it, but it is very hard to turn it on when you have so many different options available with the Axe FX II. Specially since I play in a cover band, and love it that I can now get really close tones to the originals! Amazing!!!
Same thing happened to me. I thought I would use the Axe for effects only, ended up building a whole separate rig around it.

This is by design.

The global setting only affects new presets.

Old presets are frozen to the FW version they were created in.

All my presets were created in 2.02. After the update, they all said 2.01. Also, I assume you mean the version they were created in as the version last used to edit them. Technically, many of my presets were created in v1.1. Not Q1.1, the original v1.1!

All my presets were created in 2.02. After the update, they all said 2.01. Also, I assume you mean the version they were created in as the version last used to edit them. Technically, many of my presets were created in v1.1. Not Q1.1, the original v1.1!
I don't know the reason for this.

Geez i wish everyone liked the latest version as I do :) Cliff you are too nice giving options like this haha

The name timeout issue on the MFC after scrolling through banks is back with Q2.04. I never loaded 2.03 but 2.02 beta zwei & the final release of 2.02 were fine. What happens is if I go from say bank 10 to bank 1, the name drops off the MFC display so there is only the number, then the Axe freezes & you get the name time out message on the MFC. The only way to make anything work again is to restart. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm now monitoring this thread with one eye open, scared that, after doing the programming equivalent of bending over backwards to make everyone happy, Cliff is gonna read the last several posts and absolutely lose his sh*t.

Back
Top Bottom