Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.02 Firmware Release

Hi all,
hopefully someone can assist. I've got a Friedman BE in scene 1 and the Friedman HBE in scene 2. They share the same cab (nr. 103) and didn't touch any of the advance settings. The problem is that I have a loud and annoying popping sound when switching scene (MFC-101 or Axe front panel). Ever since I've watched d Chris' (from Katsukurimedia) video about XY/Scene switching it's never been a problem...'til now.:(
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,
hopefully someone can assist. I've got a Friedman BE in scene 1 and the Friedman HBE in scene 2. They share the same cab (nr. 103) and didn't touch any of the advance settings. The problem is that I have a loud and annoying popping sound when switching scene (MFC-101 or Axe front panel). Ever since I've watched d Chris' (from Katsukurimedia) video about XY/Scene switching it's never been a problem...'til now.:(
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post the preset and we'll take a look.

ok been awhile since i did an update..going from Quantum 1.05 to 2.02..any major changes that i need to know.? back up my presets of course, but will it change things dramatically? i assume in a good way !!

ok been awhile since i did an update..going from Quantum 1.05 to 2.02..any major changes that i need to know.? back up my presets of course, but will it change things dramatically? i assume in a good way !!

22 pages of thread talking about just going from FW 2.01 to 2.02.... so in the minds of some folks, yes, but then others, no.

Load it up and see (and maybe skim over the rest of the thread if you want some differing opinions) but realize that 2.03 will soon be out which should offer 2.0, 2.01, and 2.02 modeling on a patch per patch basis

Or drop the 2nd amp and switch the HBE to the y amp ( and save yourself some CPU ) ... !

Either should solve your "popping" issues ....

GOOD LUCK !

Thanks R.D. I will try your option as well. I just want to make sure I can still use it the 2 amps way. My presets are vary basic and don;t use much CPU.

Cheers

Set Bypass Mode in each AMP block to MUTE.
Yek, mate it's working....No more popping! :D
Question, I never had set the Bypass to mute. Is this because they are both crunch/distorted amps? I usually have a crunch and a clean amp setup.

when using more signal chains (this case 2 amps) and you wanna hear only one sound and not the mix you have to mute the sound which you do not want to hear at output. in previous settings i guess your clean sound was in the mix, but overuled by the louder crunch.

Back
Top Bottom