Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.02 Firmware Release

Okay, so I've finished 2.03beta. This version lets you select 2.00, 2.01 or 2.02+ as the modeling version. Personally I like 2.02 best. As soon as the beta testers give it the okay I'll release a public beta.

You initially commented previously that the version modeling choice would be more individualized, such as per amp block or maybe per preset. Have you deviated from that plan? Will the user be able to choose the modeling version best suited for a particular amp, or will the version choice be a global thing?

Thanks

You initially commented previously that the version modeling choice would be more individualized, such as per amp block or maybe per preset. Have you deviated from that plan? Will the user be able to choose the modeling version best suited for a particular amp, or will the version choice be a global thing?

Thanks

Sorry, I've been cranky today, but did you read something that implied a change there or are you just craving reassurance?

:)

Sorry, I've been cranky today, but did you read something that implied a change there or are you just craving reassurance?

:)
Minor subtleties in language that has me wondering. Probably unwarranted worry, so I guess you could say I wanted reassurance it's not a global choice, but can be decided within the amp block itself, individualized for each preset or each amp block or each amp axis....I guess I will just wait to find out.

Thanks

Both. It will be easier to understand when the firmware is released.

In a few FWs time I'm sure this 2.00/2.01/2.02 thing will likely become completely irrelevant, but for the time being this is indeed intriguing.

Could be pilot error - but I did not sit in the mix as well last night at a gig after last update -- something was off. I had everything pretty well dialed in 1.06 -- did a few gigs with 2.0 and it sounded good -- last night was the first with 01. I use mostly Fender amps Deluxe Tweed and Vibrato Lux for about 70% of the tunes and the Carol Ann OD2 and the Ford 2 for a few songs. If I take out the strat - Vibrato Lux gets replaced with the Twin. I even reset my amp blocks after the upgrade -- again it could be pilot error -- probably just need to tweak and spend a little more time with them --

All good with 2.02. My Tyler BW never felt better through the Axe. Did a rehearsal with the band and everything sounded in place. Tone felt alive in the room. It was a good feeling.

I am not one to comment on firmware updates ... but this one definitely got my attention.

Can you give hints on the new models Cliff are they variants of current lineup or something we have not seen yet ?

Did Cliff mention new amp models being added too ? I thought FW 2.03 was going to just give the option to use 2.0/2.01/2.02 modeling behavior.

Back
Top Bottom