Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

Has anyone had any crashes on Quantum?

This is my first time playing out since running Quantum and the AFX has locked up twice now.

What happens is the sound stops and the display goes blank. Rebooting fixes it. Corrupt preset?

It's happened only with the MFC connected so far when banking up to another preset. It's at this point that the everything locks up.

Everything worked fine at home when running Axe Edit and working from the front panel.

Has anyone had any crashes on Quantum?

This is my first time playing out since running Quantum and the AFX has locked up twice now.

What happens is the sound stops and the display goes blank. Rebooting fixes it. Corrupt preset?

It's happened only with the MFC connected so far when banking up to another preset. It's at this point that the everything locks up.

Everything worked fine at home when running Axe Edit and working from the front panel.

Sounds like a bad preset.

Am I missing the JS amps? I'm not seeing them anywhere. Installed 2.00 then re-installed, don't see 'em. I have 239 amp's and those aren't in there.

JS410 Crunch OR
JS410 Crunch RD
JS410 Lead OR
JS410 Lead RD

?...

I've upgraded to Q2.0, and a large majority of the factory presets are clipping, and output being crushed. I've never experienced this in a firmware upgrade, always seems be 'other' people - now it's hit me!

What's the best course of action to remedy this?

I've upgraded to Q2.0, and a large majority of the factory presets are clipping, and output being crushed. I've never experienced this in a firmware upgrade, always seems be 'other' people - now it's hit me!

What's the best course of action to remedy this?

the other day @aziz posted the factory presets with the output levels adjusted to go along with Q2's more better more volume

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/factory-presets-for-q-2-0-with-volumes-fixed.110608/

before the rehearsal today, I compared my Axe Matchbox preset to the excellent real Vox AC15 HW of our singer. I preferred my sound. Plus, I've got all the control over gain, volume and fx I want. There's still some 3D quality to the real amp that's lacking in the Axe, but overall, I wouldn't want to trade. If it stays on 2,0, I'll be happy; I was happy many firmwares ago really, but the only improvement that is possible now, is that 3D feel, for lack of a better term.
Not that the Axe isn't dynamic and doesn't fill the room (I'm using real cabs), but that is the one thing that a tube amp still has over it.

before the rehearsal today, I compared my Axe Matchbox preset to the excellent real Vox AC15 HW of our singer. I preferred my sound. Plus, I've got all the control over gain, volume and fx I want. There's still some 3D quality to the real amp that's lacking in the Axe, but overall, I wouldn't want to trade. If it stays on 2,0, I'll be happy; I was happy many firmwares ago really, but the only improvement that is possible now, is that 3D feel, for lack of a better term.
Not that the Axe isn't dynamic and doesn't fill the room (I'm using real cabs), but that is the one thing that a tube amp still has over it.

bump the sag parameter up a couple notches

Hi guys,
on Quantum FW 2.0 I've my Mark II C+ (Usa Bright) amp messed up really bad on the bass side.
It sounds like constant clipping, like there are way too many but it was a setting not so fat (and with less bass frequency than raccomendend on the Axe FX Wiki).

is it due to some mis-behaviour of the new Quantum FW 2.0?

Very unlikely at this point. That model gets a lot of attention from FAS, the beta team and the general public who opted to install the beta before the final release was cut.

Did you reset the AMP block and try dialing it in from scratch again? If that doesn't work, try re-installing the firmware -- that shouldn't fix things, but has in the past for some people.

Hi guys,
on Quantum FW 2.0 I've my Mark II C+ (Usa Bright) amp messed up really bad on the bass side.
It sounds like constant clipping, like there are way too many but it was a setting not so fat (and with less bass frequency than raccomendend on the Axe FX Wiki).

I believe Cliff mentioned that in the beta the tonestack was changed on the IIC+ models as the previous versions used an incorrect tonestack...

Found it: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...-public-beta-deux.109702/page-13#post-1313957

"The Tone Stack in that model was incorrect in the previous versions. It was referencing a Mark IV tone stack. The only difference between a Mark II and a Mark IV tone stack is the taper of the midrange pot. In a Mark IIC+ (at least in our reference amp) the midrange taper is Log10A. In a Mark IV it's linear. So you can do one of two things: change the Tone Stack Type to "USA NORMAL" or simply turn the midrange way up. My theory is that Mesa realized that Mark II's sounded best with the midrange cranked way up so they changed the taper to make noon have more midrange"

Getting some killer 80s metal tones with the Solo100 Lead model since the update, loving the new feel that Q2 has brought in!

I keep recording snippets of solos, stopping and thinking, "daym, this sounds like someone else!"

I have been playing on factory preset 30 Dr Z 38 for several days now.
No need to start from scratch with these IMO.
If I was a gas'n for a new tube amp this would be it.

I set the effects where I need them to be and I am golden.
....added a tick at 2k in the amp block for my NX12's.

Great Tone..Thanks Cliff.

Last edited:
DEFINITELY didn't read 18 pages. I know the HWY66 was always L-A-F when you selected it, but that and a couple other amps when I select them, they start out with ALL knobs down to zero. Of course a quick edit > reset amp block or down and back up fixes it.

Just a few stupid things. I dont care if this is the final preset to end all presets.
It sounds just, idiotic, how good it is.

Back
Top Bottom