Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

I've sold more than that to people who could (more than) afford it, but use 5% of it's capabilities... The only downside is I'm frequent 'technical support' (in which I charge beer for...)
Been there , done that!! and the tech support is always at the most inconvienient times :)

with talk of 2.1 I hope perhaps that the Cab setting default menu based on the 30 cabs FAS has measured that Cliff mentioned is added.

Would be great to go to a drop down menu Pull up and load the cab defaults for Recto, Friedman ,Vx ,Bogner etc cabinets

I really fell in love with the Vox amps in the Axe 2.0.
The Topboost sounds now very different to the AC 30 - had a look at the advaced parameters. preamp bias and bright cab.
Althoug the preamp lowcut is about 450hz, it sounds really fat.

An amp I would buy if I had no Axe...........

"The Tone Stack in that model was incorrect in the previous versions. It was referencing a Mark IV tone stack. The only difference between a Mark II and a Mark IV tone stack is the taper of the midrange pot. In a Mark IIC+ (at least in our reference amp) the midrange taper is Log10A. In a Mark IV it's linear. So you can do one of two things: change the Tone Stack Type to "USA NORMAL" or simply turn the midrange way up. My theory is that Mesa realized that Mark II's sounded best with the midrange cranked way up so they changed the taper to make noon have more midrange"

It's defenitely not tight at all and the problem seems to be around the low frequency range...
I've reset the preset by selecting another model etc but it seems way wrong.
From Quantum 1.6 to 2.0 it became unusable. I don't own a Mark II C+ but it sounded closer on 1.6 rather than 2.0.

I must add: I've tried to increase the mids in the preset and it gets worse. Plus I didn't see MKII correction on the new Quantum 2.0...

I don't own a Mark II C+ but it sounded closer on 1.6 rather than 2.0.

See, the difference is Fractal Audio does. So they can make sure the model sounds accurate and not to an idealized notion of how it should sound. Occasionally there are mistakes made on amp models but those are typically corrected. Sometimes before anyone outside of Fractal Audio notices. :)

See, the difference is Fractal Audio does. So they can make sure the model sounds accurate and not to an idealized notion of how it should sound. Occasionally there are mistakes made on amp models but those are typically corrected. Sometimes before anyone outside of Fractal Audio notices. :)

I've tried one tough, one friend has a few (directly from US)... and still the Quantum 1.6 version was closer.
This is simply not usable.
I've 1 on Bass, and taking down the GEQ on the bass side doesn't help. The mids have a very strange behaviour and the sound is not compact at all, it sounds just bad and like there are clipped frequencies... Thinking about the modifications they've made on the mids I would say that there's an error in the in the mids manipulations. It's simply not usable (i've 2.5 on mids...)

I've tried one tough, one friend has a few (directly from US)... and still the Quantum 1.6 version was closer.
I've 1 on Bass, and taking down the GEQ on the bass side doesn't help. The mids have a very strange behaviour and the sound is not compact at all, it sounds just bad and like there are clipped frequencies... Thinking about the modifications they've made on the mids I would say that there's an error in the in the mids manipulations. It's simply not usable (i've 2.5 on mids...)

same thing i was having in the beta, more of a spitty frequency, then was mostly corrected, but it still sounds funny to me. I got yelled at last time so I just don't bother any more.

Post a preset file?

It's defenitely not tight at all and the problem seems to be around the low frequency range...
I've reset the preset by selecting another model etc but it seems way wrong.
From Quantum 1.6 to 2.0 it became unusable. I don't own a Mark II C+ but it sounded closer on 1.6 rather than 2.0.

Try this in the Amp block:

IIC+ Deep

Input Drive: 10
Overdrive: 10
Bass: 1
Mid: 4
FAT: on
Treble: 6
Presence: 5
Master: 2.50
Graphic EQ: V-shape

Use a stereo Ultrares Cab with cabs 73 and 105.

IIC+ Deep

Oh I like that
I had to run the Graphic EQ pre-power amp and pull the overdrive down a little, but this is a really nice IIC+ sound. Very similar to what's in my Mark V.

IIC+ Deep

Tried: super ugly, the problem is way far more present...

Here's an Mp3 clip:
the first part is with the sound setting you suggested + V EQ
the second part is my preset + V EQ and the same preset augmenting the MIDs

My preset is attached in screenshot and file

It's like a fuzz... a bad fuzz

Attachments

• Shitty Mesa.zip
    775.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    297.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Mark II C+.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 7
OMG ! I looked at the .png file and OMG !!!! .... :eek:

I used to own a Mk IIC+ and if you tried to dial the real amp that way it'd be a complete mess ! If you didn't immediately shred your speaker .... what you'd get would be completely unusable ..., which if I'm reading your posts correctly, is exactly what you've got ....

I used an old-fashioned Scholz Power Soak ( because that's all there was back then ) ..., and even then I NEVER ran the master above 4 ! Anything more than that and it started to turn to nothing but mush, no matter how you compensated w/ the 5-Band Graphic ....

Go back up to post # 372 and try yek's settings ..., see if it doesn't get closer to what you're looking for ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom