Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

What cab are you using?

I have been using a 1x12 Dr Z convertible cabinet with a Celestion Alnico Cream speaker in it on stage. For my direct signal I've been using one of the Celestion Alnico Blue factory IRs. Can't remember which one.

I think my direct tone sounds pretty good, but after comparing my direct tone to my real cabinet side by side yesterday I'm thinking I might need to shoot some of my own IRs of my cabinet or experiment with other factory or commercial IRs to get a more similar sounding tone.

No guys... the problem is present also with master volume at 2.5 like Yek said.
The first clip is with Master Volume at 2.5. The other is my preset.

please read carefully what I've written in my post, thank you

No guys... the problem is present also with master volume at 2.5 like Yek said.
The first clip is with Master Volume at 2.5. The other is my preset.

please read carefully what I've written in my post, thank you

Things I'm noticing in the posted preset:

- Don't know which cab you're using, the Cab block points to an user cab
- Presence is lower than default
- The Speaker Resonance settings are non-default
- The Supply Sag value is non-default
- Triode1 is non-default

All I did was look at the photo you posted and that's what caught my eye ....

That said, based on yek's latest post it looks like you've tweaked so many of the advanced parameters you can't hope to know where you're at right now ....

I'd either start again w/ a blank preset ..., or at least do a amp reset to get it back to default values and then try again ....

I'd either start again w/ a blank preset ..., or at least do a amp reset to get it back to default values and then try again ....

Agreed. Go back to defaults and start again. Use the factory cab so we have reproducible results.

I would create a thread in Preset exchange to further discuss, kind of highjacking this thread.

LOL, master volume at 10. It a good thing Fractal isn't designing models of parachutes and users aren't trying them with models of holes punched in them. But its still creative license...

Things I'm noticing in the posted preset:

- Don't know which cab you're using, the Cab block points to an user cab
- Presence is lower than default
- The Speaker Resonance settings are non-default
- The Supply Sag value is non-default
- Triode1 is non-default

Thanks Yek for the constructive reply :)

PPL reasoning based only on "OMG I saw a number" aren't that useful.
I've saved this preset since FW 17 or maybe earlier, so maybe I'm carrying values that were cool until Quantum 1.6.
In that firmware I had no problems whatsoever and the Master volume at 10 was quite nice.
The cab I'm using it's Misha+ML cab mix position D1 with E906 microphone.

I'll put the preset to stock settings and dial in again, then I will post the results

Back
Top Bottom