Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 10.01 Firmware Release

NO MORE, in fact I rolled the last one back to the prior, and wont change unless he unleashes a slew of high gain amps, more Engl's, ADA, RAndall's, Fortins, Diamonds!

This appears to be one of those situations where people are going to keep clinging on to the hope of getting a new firmware unless someone explicitly says "No" and everyone moves on with their lives, much like with firmware 11 for the Standard and Ultra's way back when.

This appears to be one of those situations where people are going to keep clinging on to the hope of getting a new firmware unless someone explicitly says "No" and everyone moves on with their lives, much like with firmware 11 for the Standard and Ultra's way back when.

Yes, but so far we have not seen the last nail in the Axe Fx II coffin.;)

If it was a "no", we would have seen a "no".
And we've seen a "yep" for Axe 2 firmware, when Axe 3 was introduced. Then later firmware Q10 was released, then later, we've seen a "soon".
Also, AX8 is still the flagship pedalboard form axe fx.

Yeah, so it's easy to still have hope.
However, as I've said many times - Don't expect it and you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Standard and Ultra were out of space for code. I understand that Fractal Audio has finite resources, but I won't believe that the AX8 / II generation are finished until we are told by the company.

What is "Space for code" anyway?
How is that measured?

Quote from Cliff about the Standard and Ultra back in May 2011

"I really wish I could update the Standard and Ultra but it is simply out of memory. There are literally 1309 words left (out of 128K) in the Ultra's EPROM. That's enough room for maybe one or two amp models and that's it. IR slots are limited by the size of the SRAM which is fixed. I'd like nothing more than to bring some of the Axe-Fx II modeling to those old products but it's simply not feasible."

Back
Top Bottom