Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.05 Firmware Release

Hi!

Could someone please clarify three topics regarding the new default preamp hardness value?

• will this value be automatically changed in all my existing presets for the new one ?
  • if yes then will new automatically updated value sound be the same as the old one value ?
  • How does it match in numbers? For example I had preamp gardness 8.5 in my preset. Which new value corresponds it in v1.05 ?

Thanx in advance!

HI, in Global Config the 'Modeling Version' still says "Q1.04" is this correct ?
The only other options are 1.00 and 1.01.
Thanks

Seriously, this guy absolutely cannot sleep if he has made a mistake. This reminds me of the IR issue a number of firmwares back. So, it was a mistake. Big deal. So many other companies out there would expend more energy denying it than it would take to make it right (a certain computer company named after a fruit comes to mind). I minor blip on the radar for Fractal if you ask me. The fact that Cliff displayed immediate honesty and with such a small team churned out a fix speaks volumes for the company. Still the best piece of equipment after the output jack I have ever owned.

No doubt. Cliff and FAS are the model for what all companies should be. Well done guys!

HI, in Global Config the 'Modeling Version' still says "Q1.04" is this correct ?

I just downloaded it and the BOT says v 1.05

Seems to sound better to me and that's the main thing. Just checked and yes it says 1.05.

Thanks FAS.

Thanks for fixing this so quickly.

1.03 sounded amazing. I just didn't want the thumps/pops while changing presets. I installed 1.04, but never played through it.

Now I won't need to. I'll move directly to 1.05 with everything working properly.

I would imagine coding is similar to guitar playing. When you learn something new at times it just flows and at other times it takes some refinement. but whatever the case, thanks Cliff!!! you're awesome!

Hmmm. I really liked the new saturation model in1.04, I thought it really helped tighten up the FAS Modern amp which I thought went a bit flubby and fizzy with 1.03.

Has this new saturation model from 1.04, been abandoned in 1.05?

It's nice that even the 'mistakes' that sometimes occur work for certain people and setups. I've learned how powerful the preamp hardness parameter is as a bonus!

I actually feel sorry for non-Fractal players. Like they need a street corner and cardboard sign sorry. That wasn't nice. Blame it on the pain meds. 3.5 years later for me and the honeymoon continues.

Back
Top Bottom