Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.05 Firmware Release

The AC-30 model in 1.05 is exactly the same as 1.03....If you change Preamp Hardness to 9.5 the AC-30 model will be EXACTLY (again EXACTLY) the same as 1.03. The default value of 9.2 in 1.05 is so close to 9.5 as to be inconsequential. If you are hearing a difference it is placebo.

I haven't tried 1.05 yet. I was going to update to 1.04 but you had removed it before I could download it. My comment about the AC30 model in 1.03 was just a comment about how good it sounded and how responsive my AC30 presets were to my guitars. I spent about four hours yesterday just playing the guitar!!! Truthfully, I was quite content to stay on 1.03 for the rest of the days I own my Axe-Fx!

Thanks for the tip though, I'll give 1.05 a shot with the tweak you suggested Thanks Cliff. :)

I got stuck on a modified version of the "Nameless Streets" preset for about 45 minutes last night and that was after a 3 hour rehersal with the full band. Rehearsal didn't go well for me as I was fighting my tones. 1.05 fixed that issue right up.

(The modification is just using the ML class A IR and adding some cab block pre.)

Cliff and Fas thanks I had loaded 1.04 and I went back to 1.03 jammed on that all night to stop crying lol
and things were back to normal again.. I then took screen caps of several of the amps ive been working on
backed those to folder on desktop and played a patch alot before updating too 1.05 This time oooo and ahhhhhhhs
came out of my slack jawed mouth..
EUREKA He has done it !

This time I was just speechless I started hitting scenes to see if anything anywhere changed anything such as levels or
mix % or levels of master volume and over all level of amp block for some reason those things will sometimes
be changed upon FW updates im using the axe II BTW anyway THIS TIME THIS TIME !
Things just sounded better more sparkle chime and this lively jangle under my fingers..

Joy of joys hark the Herald Angels sing no pops nothings knocked out of whack things seemed to have stayed
put scene wise just the Sound was better...

Im on 1.05 im going to shut up and play now thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

This is really special for Christmas appreciate it im going to return and play all day..

Its well Killer hahahahhahahahhahhahaha

Last edited:
Well I put in 1.05 and preset 13 USA Lead is wracked out levels wise.. I can't lower it enough in amp or cab blocks to bring it under control Anyone else see this?

Well I put in 1.05 and preset 13 USA Lead is wracked out levels wise.. I can't lower it enough in amp or cab blocks to bring it under control Anyone else see this?
what does "under control" mean? it's too loud? or something else? are you saying with the Level parameter in the Amp block turned down to -80dB, it is still too loud?

what does "under control" mean? it's too loud? or something else? are you saying with the Level parameter in the Amp block turned down to -80dB, it is still too loud?

Yes chris. That is correct. The preset is no longer usable because with levels at the lowest setting in the amp block it's still cliping as soon as the strings are touched.

Works fine here. Try reinstalling the preset.

By far my favorite firmware update. The Marshalls sound bright and edgy again, all amps just sound more alive to me. The gain on a lot of the amps sounded flubby and dark to me before and I thought it was my speakers. This update sounds perfect.
I also learned how powerful the preamp hardness adjustment is and how much it can change the tone.
Thanks.

Are firmware versions 1.03-1.05 beta releases?

I noticed the product download page still shows 1.02 as the official Quantum firmware.....

Are firmware versions 1.03-1.05 beta releases?

I noticed the product download page still shows 1.02 as the official Quantum firmware.....
no, not beta. they'd say beta if so.

typically firmware is released on the forum first, and website is updated later.

Something like this happened on 1.04 to me knocked master volume to 50% but level was up +16. something way to loud. I went back to 1.03 tested that sounded right too me then 1.05 came out I backed and went too 1.05 and it
fixed that issue for my end,

checking screen caps of 1.03 vs 1.05 to see if any master volumes dropped or levels were set +16
on some of my scenes id hit scene 2 and SURPRISE ALL EFX ON and LOUD.

1.05 so far nothing of the sort like that...
going through 4 different random patches now..
just checking scenes no noise no popping no surprises so far....

I went from 1.03 to 1.05 you might revert try that and see if things settled down I think so...

"I was about to take myself outside and whip my own ass but its all good now..."

I note preamp hardness changed on one patch from 8.5 to 9.20 but all else remained the same so far on that amp
I screen cap every setting in axe edit under the amp block cab block efx block ect on random amps just to check.

only thing ive seen on 1.05 is preamp hardness increased but it sounds better so not going to mess with it might make identical patch and bump that down and play them back and forth and see if I can tell the difference it sounded better more chime and felt better under each string so leaving it...

I note preamp hardness changed on one patch from 8.5 to 9.20 but all else remained the same so far on that amp
I screen cap every setting in axe edit under the amp block cab block efx block ect on random amps just to check.

only thing ive seen on 1.05 is preamp hardness increased but it sounds better so not going to mess with it might make identical patch and bump that down and play them back and forth and see if I can tell the difference it sounded better more chime and felt better under each string so leaving it...

Exactly as mentioned by everyone preamp hardness increased some... 0.7
MORE SPARKLE MORE CHIME
ME RIKEY LONG TIME ITS VERY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
VERY GOOOO

Back
Top Bottom