Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.05 Firmware Release

So... the amp improvements in 1.04 was a mistake and this Firmware reverts it?
Did I get it right?

I don't mean to mince words, er well, hell yes I do.

Mistake? To me that depends on who's footing it. I haven't paid for any firmware updates..

Mistakes.. Now, the badly programmed, erroneously license-revoking, re-authorize preventing license managers of certain music software companies.. You wanna talk mistakes, that'd my definition.

On the other hand, here there can be excursions. Brings back memories of sleeping under the stars with nothing on the back of my pony but a power amp and cab. Like the days of the wild west. Yippeeayo!

Correct me if I am wrong but I think It looks like the new firmware changes the default Preamp hardness to the correct number. we can do it manually in 1.04 as well.

Basically same as 1.03 with some bug fixes and new models.

So... the amp improvements in 1.04 was a mistake and this Firmware reverts it?
Did I get it right?

no, i'm pretty sure it just fixed one setting that was incorrect.

Well Cliff didn't say it was basically the same as 1.04 , he said it was basically the same as 1.03 with some bug fixes and new models.
So basically the only carry over from 1.04 are the new amp models, & any other release notes from 1.04 never happened! lol

Does v1.05 include "Improved triode saturation modeling based on new measurements"?
This is what I was trying to clarify. I'm not sure still D:

My guess is it includes it and also sets the Preamp Hardness to the correct value. When he clarified my question, he said it's basically the same tonality as 1.03, not that it absolutely is 1.03 with new amps.

In the 1.04 thread, people were commenting on the tone being different due to the Hardness parameter being so different and Cliff told them the numbers to use to make 1.04 sound like 1.03. I feel like 1.05 notes would have stated that Triode Sat Modeling was undone and not just Hardness set correctly.

:) I'm probably wrong :D

I really appreciate your work Cliff and the Team, to make this thing better, and what's more to correct all the modeling details that need to be, according to people feedbacks.
Very impressive in responsiveness, and customer service quality and attitude.

Love My AFX, no more to say, and again my best investment => just have to GAS on guitars and pickups now ...

Seriously, this guy absolutely cannot sleep if he has made a mistake. This reminds me of the IR issue a number of firmwares back. So, it was a mistake. Big deal. So many other companies out there would expend more energy denying it than it would take to make it right (a certain computer company named after a fruit comes to mind). I minor blip on the radar for Fractal if you ask me. The fact that Cliff displayed immediate honesty and with such a small team churned out a fix speaks volumes for the company. Still the best piece of equipment after the output jack I have ever owned.

I'm just amazed about this open communication even when small mistakes are made and about a prompt reaction to forum members feedback...and I really enjoy the Quantum.
Yep this ^^ other businesses could learn a thing or two around here...

Back
Top Bottom