Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

I might give the Quantum Beta another try just to see if I just needed to download again.

When I downloaded the Quantum firmware the other day, all of my sounds seemed to lack "depth" or that "3D" quality you guys were talking about. Sounded similar (although not as harsh) as when the power amp sims are turned off. Just a flat tone that doesn't adjust much when you turn the knobs. I actually checked to make sure the power amp sims were on.

As soon as I went back to FW20, the tones were there again. As mentioned, this is just a beta and there will be some adjustments and changes to certain things.

Change the Preamp Tube Type to Short Plate and you'll get the 20 beta feel.

Awesome Cliff!

I am in love with how Quantum reacts for some tones, so if I can just make a quick and easy change on a patch by patch basis for when I want more/less dynamics that would be bloody amazing.

Awesome Cliff!

I am in love with how Quantum reacts for some tones, so if I can just make a quick and easy change on a patch by patch basis for when I want more/less dynamics that would be bloody amazing.

Quantum is much more accurate and realistic but some players like compression. Short Plate is a little compressed compared to a real triode (which the new Authentic type models). The other way is to simply dial the Dynamics parameter slightly negative. This will compress things a bit.

Not sure if I'm alone here, but just while im listening to music through the thing (para eq only) it sounds ...purer? Probably all in my head.

Quantum is much more accurate and realistic but some players like compression. Short Plate is a little compressed compared to a real triode (which the new Authentic type models). The other way is to simply dial the Dynamics parameter slightly negative. This will compress things a bit.

With poweramp + cab is wonderful

Cliff, since this latest firmware beta added so much to a real amp and cab setup, are there any other settings that FRFR cab users should utilize (in addition to compression settings) to take advantage of the Quantum adjustments?

Quantum is much more accurate and realistic but some players like compression. Short Plate is a little compressed compared to a real triode (which the new Authentic type models).
are there any other "Authentic" Quantum tube types to select from planned for the future ?

Cliff, this is outstanding, pure and simple. And kudos to the Axe-Edit team for all the work they did to make it as stable and adaptable as it is. Even with beta firmware it picked up all the new params. It's come a LONG way from the Ultra days.

In sum, I'll just say this: QUANTUM + Dynamic Character + De-phase + Recto + Mo-Fi cans =

Robert-Capa-Gif-cillian-murphy-as-robert-capa-in-sunshine-20098854-500-209.gif

I love the new beta firmware but I'm getting frequent freeze-ups of the axe fx when using Axe Edit, often after a mere 10 minutes of use. It doesn't freeze when axe edit isn't used.
I know this is beta and all, but do any of you guys also experience this? Could this be caused by a bad USB cable?

I'm editing a fairly simple patch when this happens. Some 80% of cpu use.

I have mucked around with this update for a few hours now and it is solid.
The first thing I noticed was definitely an increase in the presence of all of the amplifier blocks, so much so that I had to dial some back on pretty much all my presets.

It does sound even more realistic than FW19 which I was running.

The cleaner tones are a drastic step up in this update compared to the more dirty tones. Having said that, PVH 6160 Block sounds absolutely phenomenal.

Still works with the Axe-Edit. :encouragement:

Is there already any ETA when the official release may be out? Just asking to plan ahead for the gigs to come this month. Thank you.

Ive been FRFR since I firt got my Axe over a year ago but in the last few weeks dabbled with a real cab. After loading the new firmware I immediately felt for the first time that it was the same as plugging into a real valve head. Its a major step change as afar as Im concerned. Great stuff. Great to be at the Zeitgeist of tone evolution.
Am also loving that you can take a real amp and improve in it with the dymamics etc, Im now more into the idea of creating my perfect tone rather than worrying about sounding the same as an existing real amp.

I love the new beta firmware but I'm getting frequent freeze-ups of the axe fx when using Axe Edit, often after a mere 10 minutes of use. It doesn't freeze when axe edit isn't used.
I know this is beta and all, but do any of you guys also experience this? Could this be caused by a bad USB cable?

I'm editing a fairly simple patch when this happens. Some 80% of cpu use.

As it has always been , beta firmware with added functions run the risk of not playing well with Ax Edit , If you close Ax Edit and all works ,they aren't getting along with each other ! Some have problems ,others don't . It is dependent upon the patch and what you are attempting to do with it ! Sometimes patches get corrupted. It has been noted that dealing with cabs and bundles in the latest beta FW (19.01, 20.00, and Quantum isn't working properly ! As soon as the final release hits, Ax Edit will be up very shortly afterward! Until then, if dealing with Ax Edit problems is a deal breaker , you just have to go back to the last stable release which I believe is v. 19.00! in the OP Cliff said:" Ax Edit and Fractalbot would be following shortly" so it won't be long !

Why is it that people get different amount of bugs if all Axe FX's are the same?
Like, Axe doesn't freeze for me with axe edit. This beta, so far, has given absolutely no problems to me.

What about tone?
Why is it that most see an improvement, but a few people say such things as "It doesn't work in mix anymore" or "The tone went away with this new firmware"?
Could it be that for some reason, some units give different tone results?

Back
Top Bottom