Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

I thought of that, but hadn't seen anyone saying they had to adjust the amp gain levels as a result of quantum. Thats what I'll probably do if I haven't heard anything else obvious. Still wondering why I didn't have to reset the cab assignments when others with the II XL+ had to.

I think the issue was something to do with user cabs on the XL model. I have an Axe II and had no issues with cabs. I just had a band practice with the new firmware and it was very good; lead lines seemed to jump out without adding more volume. I found I had to tame the treble on a couple of clean / crunch presets but overall really enjoyed it, sounded very good.

All my cabs were still in place too. I have the XL+.
I think if you were using factory cabs, they did not change. If you were using user cabs, it got switched probably because there are 20 new factory cabs. Most of mine that changed got back to the correct cab by turning 20 clicks to the right to compensate. But not all.

So are the new amps going to be G4'd or something? I know we were waiting on a few more amps to be converted over to G3 so what's the plan now?

A little confused….
So, is here or not a shift of user cabs slots?
I'm talking about the XL (not XL+ and not II).
For those running XL and user cab IR, did you noticed changes / shift of the user slots?
Thanks.

A little confused….
So, is here or not a shift of user cabs slots?
I'm talking about the XL (not XL+ and not II).
For those running XL and user cab IR, did you noticed changes / shift of the user slots?
Thanks.

I don't think any of mine changed when editing through the front panel, but I have a hunch a preset that I was working on in Axe-Edit may have changed when I toggled over to my Y cabinet via a Scene change. Can't really say for sure, but if anything I think it's more potential for Axe-Edit not reading the extra 20 Factory cabs properly and offsetting the User cabs incorrectly. I'm really not 100% sure, because I've done most of my editing from the front panel and it was just the one preset I brought up in Axe-Edit that seemed like it may have changed. This with an XL, not an XL+.

A bunch of my presets that had Stereo UR cabs switched the right cab to something else after Quantum. Kind of odd. I didn't see if anyone else had this issue.

I think it's like this:
Let's say the axe got 200 cab slots, 100 factory cabs and 100 user cabs. So slot 1-100 are dedicated to factory cabs and 101-200 are dedicated to user cabs, even though they are named user cab slot 1 and so forth is really slot 101.
So when something happen, for example in a new firmware factory cab slots are expanded to 120 slots. This means slot 1-120 will be dedicated to factory cabs and 121-220 is dedicated to user cabs.
Now if you have a preset that pointed to user cab 10 before, it will still point to slot 110 all in all. It's just that now slot 110 is not user can slot 10, but instead factory cab slot 110.
All other user cabs will also be pointing at the wrong slot with an offset of -10.
Anyway, this is what happened to me when i upgraded from Mark I to XL+. I had to manually go into each preset(with a user cab) and change to the right one.
It. Was. A. Pain.

User cabs were not affected. User cans start counting as user 1 and factor starts as factor 1. There was some changes to factory cabs. With that said I did not have problems with my presets either. Guess it just depends what factor cab you were using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my hands on the release notes (unofficial). Looks like there may be some nefarious stuff going on that we should have been told.

Quantum beta 1

Do not install Quantum (tone-us-max-bone-us) if you:

• take any other medicines called nitrates, often prescribed for chest pain, as this may cause a sudden, unsafe drop in blood pressure.
  • are allergic to sildenafil, as contained in Quantum and REVATIO, or any of the ingredients in Quantum.

Discuss your health with your doctor to ensure that you are healthy enough for tone. If you experience chest pain, dizziness, or nausea while playing, seek immediate medical help.

Quantum can cause serious side effects. Rarely reported side effects include:

• an erection that will not go away (priapism). If you have an erection that lasts more than 4 hours, get medical help right away.
  • If it is not treated right away, priapism can permanently damage your penis.
  • sudden vision loss in one or both eyes. Sudden vision loss in one or both eyes can be a sign of a serious eye problem called non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION).
Uninstall Quantum and call your healthcare provider right away if you
  • have any sudden vision loss.
  • sudden hearing decrease or hearing loss. Some people may also have ringing in their ears (tinnitus) or dizziness.
If you have these symptoms, uninstall Quantum and contact a doctor right away.

Before you install Quantum, tell your healthcare provider if you:

• have or have had heart problems such as a heart attack, irregular heartbeat, angina, chest pain, narrowing of the aortic valve, or heart failure
  • have had heart surgery within the last 6 months
  • have had a stroke
  • have low blood pressure, or high blood pressure that is not controlled
  • have a deformed penis shape
  • have had an erection that lasted for more than 4 hours
  • have problems with your blood cells such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia
  • have retinitis pigmentosa, a rare genetic (runs in families)
  • eye disease
  • have ever had severe vision loss, including an eye problem called NAION
  • have bleeding problems
  • have or have had stomach ulcers
  • have liver problems
  • have kidney problems or are having kidney dialysis
  • have any other medical conditions

Tell your healthcare provider about all the modelers you use, including software or hardware based systems.

Quantum may affect the way other modelers sound, and other modelers may affect the way Quantum sound, causing side effects.

Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take any of the following:

• medicines called nitrates
  • medicines called alpha-blockers such as Hytrin (terazosin HCl), Flomax (tamsulosin HCl), Cardura (doxazosin mesylate), Minipress (prazosin HCl), Uroxatral (alfuzosin HCl), Jalyn (dutasteride and tamsulosin HCl), or Rapaflo (silodosin).
  • Alpha-blockers are sometimes prescribed for prostate problems or high blood pressure.
  • In some patients, the use of Quantum with alpha-blockers can lead to a drop in blood pressure or to fainting medicines called HIV protease inhibitors, such as ritonavir (Norvir), indinavir sulfate (Crixivan), saquinavir (Fortovase or Invirase), or atazanavir sulfate (Reyataz) some types of oral antifungal medicines, such as ketoconazole (Nizoral) and itraconazole (Sporanox)
  • some types of antibiotics, such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), telithromycin (Ketek), or erythromycin
  • other medicines that treat high blood pressure
  • other medicines or treatments for ED
  • Quantum contains sildenafil, which is the same medicine found in another drug called REVATIO. REVATIO is used to treat a rare disease called pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
  • Quantum should not be used with REVATIO or with other PAH treatments containing sildenafil or any other PDE5 inhibitors (such as Adcirca [tadalafil])

Quantum does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV or tone deafness.

The most common side effects of Quantum: confusion; questioning of reality; inability to perceive time; and/or excessive smile induced wrinkling.

INDICATION

Quantum (tone-us-max-bone-us) is PUBLIC BETA RELEASE firmware used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED).

Quantum is not for women or children.

Added “Dephase” control to Cabinet block. This parameter controls a sophisticated process that removes the “phasiness” from IRs and can yield a more “in the room” experience. Note that the processing required is extreme and the control can have some lag. No extra CPU usage or audio latency, however, is incurred.
Greatly improved cathode follower model in Amp block. New model more accurately simulates dynamic resistance of follower. This results in a more pleasing distortion character and better feel, especially at high compression settings. The associated “CF Comp” parameter has been renamed “Preamp Comp” because most guitar players don’t know and don’t care what is a Cathode Follower. Due to the new follower model existing presets will be updated with new default compression, time and ratio values.
Added a new mode to the “Character” controls in the Amp block. A Char Type of “Dynamic” engages an exciting new mode of tone control. This can be used to fatten or scoop the tone as a function of picking strength. For example, set the Type to Dynamic, Char Freq to 450.0, Char Q to 0.7 and Char Amt to 4.0. This will cause the tone to get fatter and thicker as you play hard but without getting honky when playing soft.
“G3’d” the Vibrato Verb AA and AB amp models. Also added a “Vibrato Verb CS” model which is based on a Vibroverb Custom Reissue with the Mod switch on. Note that the Transformer Matching value for this model is based on the output transformer in the actual amp. Legend has it that SRV used a Bassman transformer which would lead to significant overmatching. To replicate this increase Xfrmr Match to around 1.8.
“G3’d” the Solo 99 models. Note that the actual preamp’s bright switch in the Lead mode is different than a typical bright switch and works after the gain stages. To simulate this set the Bright knob to around 4.0 dB.
Added four “JMPre-1” models based on a Marshall JMP-1 rack preamp. The existing “Brit Pre” model was not changed as it is used by several prominent “A-list” artists. Instead, four new models were added. The models with “BS” in the name indicate that the Bass Shift function is engaged. Note that the model defaults to the power amp simulation active. The power amp model is based on a typical Marshall 100W power amp of that era.
Added 512 more User Cab slots to XL and XL+ models.
Fixed Dry Delay Shift parameter not working in Flanger block. The parameter has been renamed to Dry Delay and works differently (and more intuitively). The parameter now sets the delay time of the dry signal as a percentage of the maximum delay time of the wet signal. For classic thru-zero flanging this parameter should be set to 50%. For interesting new sounds experiment with lower or higher values.

I got my hands on the release notes (unofficial). Looks like there may be some nefarious stuff going on that we should have been told.

They left off the psychological side effects in this release notes draft, in particular the involuntary, maniacal, giggling. Clearly, we're being used as guinea pigs in some kind of twisted experiment. It's gonna be hard to fit a tinfoil hat under my headphones.

Threw caution to the wind and loaded Quantum before a gig yesterday. The only negative side effect I noticed is that I had to tweak the input noise gate. Other than that it sounded awesome. Going to put a few (many) hours on it this week before the next gig.

Reactions: RDH
It should also be noted, that if you install Quantum, and then roll back to a prior firmware, not only will you lose your presets, but, your in-laws will fall on hard times and have to move in with you indefinitely.
I just rolled back to FW19 from Quantum. None of these happened....

It should also be noted, that if you install Quantum, and then roll back to a prior firmware, not only will you lose your presets, but, your in-laws will fall on hard times and have to move in with you indefinitely.

Not only that but it applies a software patch that will result in your Axe unit automatically downloading and installing Windows 10 updates 4-5 times a day

Back
Top Bottom