Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

I should've said the amp model you want depends on the Bright switch, I think it needs to be a + model to emulate the V. In the V's manual it says they configured the Mk IV Mode for more midrange gain so it's different enough to the IIC+ mode. Which implies it's modelled after the IV in Mid Gain mode, and I think this is the same with the Extreme mode.

So I think for the IV mode you want USA Lead + or Brt +, with Fat, Bright and Presence shift on and for the Extreme mode you want the same but with Presence Shift off.

I think. Could be wrong. We're digressing...

Back to Quantum, I'll throw a clip together tonight with a real Mark V and the Axe configured to sound like the IV Mode on the V (because that's as close as I can get). The flubbiness doesn't feel right, I'm just not sure whether it's me or a bug in the beta.

The low end was the same on FW19. I just tested it again.

Just a quick reminder for everyone: the purpose of a beta release is to expose the pre-release firm/software to a large user base, so the users can comment on any bugs or user anomalies, so they can be addressed prior to the final release.

It's awesome that this release sounds as great as it does! Loving every bit of it. But, keep in mind that it's up to us to police our own house, and to let FA know if we notice any strangeness, so they can address it prior to the "actual" release. Please be sure you're passing this info along to them, if you have concerns that need to be looked at; otherwise, hold your tongue when the final release comes out, if there are things you "wish" would have been taken into account. A beta release is not just a free gift - it's intended to shake things out, and fix them. Let them know privately, or in the forum, but don't just yack it up about how great it is, then later bad-mouth them for something that didn't happen like you wanted it to. Cliff and crew have been VERY considerate in implementing our wishes, and sometimes our ideas may spark other ideas, that may not have even been considered.

+1 and your concerns are commendable however, I was under the impression this was a 'discussion' about "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta! There's a different section for bugs and for wish lists. IMHO there is as much useful information for FAS to glean from the general impressions discussed here as there are from bugs and wishes.

Last edited:
I've noticed a lag changing presets: when using the dial going from 49 to 52, it jumped back to 50 a couple of times.
When changing between banks, it always jumps back.

+1 and your concerns are commendable however, I was under the impression this was a 'discussion' about "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta! There's a different section for bugs and for wish lists. IMHO there is as much useful information for FAS to glean from the general impressions discussed here as there are from bugs and wishes.

I view the bugs section as being for the latest official release. Any bugs concerning Quantum 1.0 beta belong here IMO.

As long as the reports are seen, I don't think it matters.

I spent about an hour on Quantum. Lots of fun with the Soldano models, marshalls, Prince Tone, 59 bassman,...
Some amps like the bassman seem to be doing what it could never do for me in the past.
Some preset might need adapting since a couple of my presets were all over the place.

In general very happy of the sound, but I find the latency has gone up, which for me is a downer. If you play quick solos it doesn't follow well enough to my taste and in general I get a sense of lack of attack. Anyone experienced this?

In general very happy of the sound, but I find the latency has gone up, which for me is a downer. If you play quick solos it doesn't follow well enough to my taste and in general I get a sense of lack of attack. Anyone experienced this?

That doesn't sound right at all. If anything it feels tighter. What's your setup like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent about an hour on Quantum. Lots of fun with the Soldano models, marshalls, Prince Tone, 59 bassman,...
Some amps like the bassman seem to be doing what it could never do for me in the past.
Some preset might need adapting since a couple of my presets were all over the place.

Not so here, if anything latency seems less , therefore the more imediate sound and feel of Quantum!

Just headphones out.

Sound tighter yes I would agree, but i'm really just talking about the latency between the picking and the actual sound.

I'm going through a mixer to a monitor, and the attack feels instant. I actually feel like I'm getting "tube amp" type string interaction.

I actually feel like I'm getting "tube amp" type string interaction.

When was the last time you plugged in a real amp?

Anyway, it would be interesting to see the actual numbers.
It would make more sense that the algorithm is now more complicated and heavier/slower to process.

When was the last time you plugged in a real amp?

Anyway, it would be interesting to see the actual numbers.
It would make more sense that the algorithm is now more complicated and heavier/slower to process.

A few days ago, when I updated to Quantum.

the reason you are getting "tube amp" type string interaction, is because the Quantum Firmware is more real than the other firmwares released before it apparently. And that's a good thing. ;-p

Latency would just add more time before sound is heard, but it would be exactly the same sound.

I don't think you understand how this works.

The reason the sustain is longer has nothing to do with the way it sounds, it has to do with sympathetic vibrations in the air. If the sound coming from the monitor has latency it will vibrate less, higher latency can actually kill the vibrations.

Edit : it = strings

Back
Top Bottom