Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

there are all new presets not just Bank A. They are included in the link with the firmware. I typically only download Bank A from FAS and the other 2 banks are filled with Fremens presets and my own creations.... speaking of which I am wondering when Fremen will release Quantum Presets... love this dudes stuff. he is a genius :) ENJOY!!

So.......... I personally don't have the presets, as they were not loaded. It's my understanding that they are never loaded. The last Time Cliff offered new presets was March 18 of this year, with 18.3, and they were not included "in" the firmware, they were in a separate folder, there for all down download should they wish.

Correct Cliff?

So.......... I personally don't have the presets, as they were not loaded. It's my understanding that they are never loaded. The last Time Cliff offered new presets was March 18 of this year, with 18.3, and they were not included "in" the firmware, they were in a separate folder, there for all down download should they wish.

Correct Cliff?

Believe that the new presets were done for THIS firmware. Follow the link from the start of the thread. there were 2 links. one for the FW and one for the Presets.

Mostly model tweaks. Some of the models had the bias point off a little. The Dizzy and Herbie models were completely redone as I figured out the secret to the Diezel sound.

Is the Herbie suppose to be really low in volume?
I installed the firmware twice, and it has failed the first of both times. So I'm blaming it on a bad install.
But want to double check.

When I see shots of peoples presets like this it absolutely amazes me at how someone can come to a conclusion on a routing job such as this. I would love to see a video of you walking us all through what everything does in your preset. I see 4 volume controls and the amp sitting at the almost front of your chain. Also, how did you manage to squeeze all that in and only hit 92% cpu usage?

Oh, this was not posted because the Matrix, just because the funny Melt faces :) My GO TO Preset works in conjunction with the MFC and target is, to get everything i´ll need for a gig in one preset. My go to preset looks likes that:

public.php

And for sure, its close to the edge of starting crackles, but just close.... Yek did something similiar and made a great video of his "All in all" preset with his foot controller. If i find time, i`ll try to do a similiar video, also if my english is by far bad ... but hopefully i can transfer the "why`s and what`s"...

But now: Let`s celebrate QUANTUM! I played it today and i like it much! Kudos to Cliff and Team!

I really like this new dynamic character feature. Really fattens up single coils when I dig in, good stuff.

Is there anyway to implement this by pitch? So, the higher the notes, the more low mids?

The overall sound: I don't hear any difference with the beta version, I do play on real cabs though. What has changed for me is the feel, just like in beta, the dynamics and controllable feedback is better than ever.
I work in a music shop, and we've got a lot of tube amps there, but I prefer the Axe to any of them.

Good stuff, Fractal. Lots of fun.

Jan

Last edited:
Is the Herbie suppose to be really low in volume?
I installed the firmware twice, and it has failed the first of both times. So I'm blaming it on a bad install.
But want to double check.

Herbie volume is lower. You may need to increase MV and/or level. Diezel models were reworked.

Back
Top Bottom