Axe-Fx II Quantum 3.02 Firmware Release (3.01 We Hardly New Ye)

Does anyone have "behind" note buzz/noise (Its not fret buzz) widouth noisegate on crunch and drive sounds?Example If I play 5th string and leave it to sustain buzz goes away after second or two.I have tried all... cables, headphones, monitors, input/ouput levels,guitars.I also have power conditoner...Mabie this is normal on overdriven sounds?

Yep...no argument from me. Still weird though, and I had promised to post something. :)

RR

For me, I see nothing weird about it. You have a parameter set wrong lol

There are other parameters when set to extremes produce undesirable tone and artifacts. Doesn't seem weird to me.

Almost sounds like fret noise. The undertone i always the same key. Very strange.

Yeah, it's not fret noise - although I agree that one or two of my thunks had some fret noise blended in. You hit on why I keep saying it is weird. I'm fine with the why...I have a bad setting. I just find the tonal characteristic of the sound 'curious', and that's what I mean by weird.

I know I can get all kinds of wacky sounds from an effect. I have just never experienced a 'distorted delay' from a badly set up input gate. :D

RR

Is the fw 3.04 beta for the AX8 new things to come soon for the Axe FX II - does anyone know? :D

Quote from AX8 thread:

(AX8 V3.04 Public Beta addresses the issue of incorrect parameters appearing in AX8-Edit. As always, we recommend that you back up your system and presets using Fractal-Bot before proceeding with installation.

Additions
· None

Fixes
· Corrected an issue that caused sporadic effect parameter display issues in AX8-Edit.
· All Pan Right or Balance Parameters are no longer limited to 99.9% to prevent muting the output.)

This is your classic I want my cake but i want to eat it too. I wanted the stellar sounds i had in Quantum 2.0/2.1 but couldn't resist the update to 3. I've been quite behind on reading all the release notes and threads on the updates since 2.0. Made the jump and there's this blanket over my tone effect that I'm hearing now. Can anyone point out like 3-5 basic parameters that may have been impacted by the changes since 2.0? I know i can get it sounding great again and would really appreciate some quick ideas to get me back to sonic heaven.

From some quick skimming over this thread I'm seeing the following: dynamic presence, xformer grind (never bothered with this before) Master Volume (perhaps?) Cheers

This is your classic I want my cake but i want to eat it too. I wanted the stellar sounds i had in Quantum 2.0/2.1 but couldn't resist the update to 3. I've been quite behind on reading all the release notes and threads on the updates since 2.0. Made the jump and there's this blanket over my tone effect that I'm hearing now. Can anyone point out like 3-5 basic parameters that may have been impacted by the changes since 2.0? I know i can get it sounding great again and would really appreciate some quick ideas to get me back to sonic heaven.

From some quick skimming over this thread I'm seeing the following: dynamic presence, xformer grind (never bothered with this before) Master Volume (perhaps?) Cheers
It is Basically the Transformer Grind that is new, because the Dynamic Presence went back and forth, and is now where it used to be. I find that all my presets sound way bigger sounding, and I only use 1.0 on the Transformer Grind, and 3.0 to 6.0 on Dynamic Presence depending on if I want a tighter rhythm (lower settings), or a wider spread Lead (higher settings)! That is IMHO how I hear it! Best! Flav

Not enough should have changed to produce that effect unless prior to 3 you had some unusually extreme settings and then it should simply be a matter of opening up dynamic presence and grind to bring the treble back.

On the other hand, when you reset amp blocks and change the amp modeling algorithm you do alter things in other ways and this could be a factor as well. You might possibly need to export or write down the settings on the preset you had saved from before 3, and make sure all the other settings are the same in the preset using the new firmware, then worry about Grind. (Ordinarily a firmware update might change tone in a way that is hard to get back even if you try similar settings. But I say 'the same' because the firmware itself has been altered little; its the resetting back to defaults that may have put the "blanket" over the tone. There are dozens and dozens of ways the amp block itself influences frequencies, and my guess would be that somewhere in there is a culprit that is just under the radar.)

I am genuinely digging the tones I'm getting on this firmware. Thanks to Cliff and the team for making such an incredible product even better.

Yeah I played through a Fryette power station and a mesa traditional 412 in an extreme metal band just yesterday. This firmware kicked ass. Just adjusted some mv and drive stuff and I didn't have to tweak a thing. Heck the thing cut so well I had to turn down my rig to fit into the mix. AWESOME!!!

Probably not related by I too am getting a low level noise. But it's on the AX8. I've only noticed it at low volumes. Maybe it's always there but I've only been able to play at low volumes the last few days. It's a digital artifact sound. Like a bit of ring modulation. But way in the background. I haven't yet seen whether it's present in the Axe Fx II.

Haven't heard much from FAS lately. Was checking and pretty much out of stock of everything. Wondering what's going on. Is the company still solid...sound? Doing ok? Has anybody heard anything?

Haven't heard much from FAS lately. Was checking and pretty much out of stock of everything. Wondering what's going on. Is the company still solid...sound? Doing ok? Has anybody heard anything?

I read a post somewhere earlier this week where they indicated that a shipping container of product was due to arrive in port this week. Would be ready in early June after assembly/qaqc. I don't think they're going anywhere.....

Maybe it was spring break for team FAS?

Back
Top Bottom