Axe-Fx II Quantum 3.02 Firmware Release (3.01 We Hardly New Ye)

Well... I found a bug the other day and Cliff posted "fixed in next release" so I have to assume on is imminent. You're welcome ;)

I'm blown away at how easy mixing has become with these tones 3.02, today I was listening to a mix I'm working on in my truck
and I went from mid volume to Max volume (comfortable loud) the mix sounded great across the board, No high end fatigue at all.
Actually the louder the better ....

Beta 3.03 apparently is out to the Beta testers, so maybe soon we'll get a taste of it. I saw ML SOUNDLAB posted a video of a Mesa Boogie MKIIC++ Metallica amp preset which sounded awesome! can't wait to try it out!! Best to everyone at FAS!!
Thank you Flav and here's the video to those who missed it:

I already received some requests on explaining that sound as it really is pretty much identical to the Enter Sandman tone as you'll hear in the end of that video when it's in a mix. :) I know everyone has their own favorite Metallica sound but for me it has to be the self-titled without a doubt. Not overly scooped but still cutting yet aggressive. :)

As far as I know apart from a few bug fixes the main change for 3.03 will be the IIC++ which is something everyone can read about here: http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=42512

And for some extra hype here's a quote from that thread:
C++ is same as Hetfield/Petrucci mod. Although it's worth to note Petrucci also has another mod whereby the clean channel has its own separate volume/gain knob.

So far I'm loving the attack and I can even go as far as saying I haven't been a huge fan of the IIC+ sims before but this one is something completely different. This one is tight and has the right amount of gain to it.

Thank you Flav and here's the video to those who missed it:

I already received some requests on explaining that sound as it really is pretty much identical to the Enter Sandman tone as you'll hear in the end of that video when it's in a mix. :) I know everyone has their own favorite Metallica sound but for me it has to be the self-titled without a doubt. Not overly scooped but still cutting yet aggressive. :)

As far as I know apart from a few bug fixes the main change for 3.03 will be the IIC++ which is something everyone can read about here: http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=42512

And for some extra hype here's a quote from that thread:

So far I'm loving the attack and I can even go as far as saying I haven't been a huge fan of the IIC+ sims before but this one is something completely different. This one is tight and has the right amount of gain to it.

Thanx to you too Mikko!!!, your settings for the Mesa Mark amps are so dead on its awesome to see someone actually sharing it!!!

Back
Top Bottom