Axe-FX II Preset Report Generator

App does not support TM presets....
I can get it to load a preset and display, but printing does nothing.. gives me a "no records to process" msg.
no pdf generated... (win7x64)

HEADS UP! Version 1.01

I've just uploaded V1.01 to my file sharing site. Hopefully fixed the crashing bug some were experiencing. Also fixed another interesting bug where only the first effects block of multiple blocks was showing. In addition, I've compressed the spacing in the report now to try and squeeze as much as possible onto one page.

If I get time I will play with the graphic drawing section to see if I can remove the black background from the blocks array graphic.

Latest version downloadable from here: https://www.box.com/s/fea587a20aeb1110b38c

Note: If you are on the old version, replace ALL your files with these... Some of the resource files have changed too...

As before - if you get a patch which crashes the program, please let me know, and if you don't mind, please email me the problematic SYX to: devan (AT) axe-pad DOT com

:)

This is just too cool. Thanks Cyberferret!

On a side note: Did anybody notice the "Galaxy formation" preset looks like the big dipper?

Well, I've only tested it with 6.0+ presets. As far as I know though, the structure of the SYX files hasn't changed since v1.0 of the Axe-FX II came out, so technically it SHOULD work on ALL firmware versions of the Axe-II.

Definitely won't work on Standard/Ultra presets though, as those SYX files are radically different.

I'd appreciate it if anyone who is experiencing crashes can email me their SYX files so I can test of edge cases here. My email is:

devan (AT) axe-pad DOT com

Thanks!

Nice work! How does one get a hold of the sysex spec for the presets?

Any chance you could make this to open up Standard or Ultra files too? That would a tremendous resource to translate files over from the previous Axe.

Nice work! How does one get a hold of the sysex spec for the presets?

One has to spend HOURS looking at SYX files in a hex editor, and doing a lot of guessing and testing! :D

No specs here - I've just had to trace signals sent between Axe-Edit and the Axe-FX and extrapolate the info... I had to do the work for AxePad anyhow, and so AxeReporter was just a side project I did with the leftovers...

Any chance you could make this to open up Standard or Ultra files too? That would a tremendous resource to translate files over from the previous Axe.

Hmmm.... *puts on thinking hat* ... ;)

An XML output that included meaningful tag names would be sweet too.

I took a go at creating XML from the CSV export, but the values in the CSV don't correspond to the values in the preset per se as far as I could tell?

For example, in a preset with a Drive block with the drive set at "2.01", there is no "2.01" value anywhere in the CSV export.

I was wanting the XML to do a "difference" between two presets.

The difference would let me see, quickly, only the parameters that were changed.

So, for example compare a downloaded preset and quickly see what AMP block parameters are different than the defaults.

I think this would be valuable to see what tweaks are being made by folks.

Richard

I took a go at creating XML from the CSV export, but the values in the CSV don't correspond to the values in the preset per se as far as I could tell?

For example, in a preset with a Drive block with the drive set at "2.01", there is no "2.01" value anywhere in the CSV export.

The difference would let me see, quickly, only the parameters that were changed.

So, for example compare a downloaded preset and quickly see what AMP block parameters are different than the defaults.

Richard

That's a groovy idea! I can easily add an export function that spits out the report data in an XML file.

The control value are stored in the SYX file as SHORT values, usually from 0 to 65534, in an array of 3 septets, so back translating them into meaningful control values is a bit of a task. All that heavy lifting is done inside AxeReporter anyhow, so it would be a trivial task to then export that out as a simple XML file that can be imported into other report writers, Excel etc. for comparison...

The app throws an exception when I try to open a preset. Running Win Vista Biz 32bit;

Exception occurred at address 0101B17E
Exception code C0000005: Access Violation
Process PID=2256 Image: F:\AxeFX Reporter\AxeFXReporter\AxeFXReporter.exe
Thread 1 Handle=000000B8 TID=1928

EAX=00E51128 EBX=00F6B784 ECX=00000014 EDX=00000020
ESI=00E510E0 EDI=00000014 EBP=0012FD0C ESP=0012FC7C
EIP=0101B17E FLG=00010206

Call Stack:
0101B17E
004304E0
004272A7
004316B2
010BE4E8
76E0E1C6
76E0E199

The new version is working for me. This is FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Thanx!

Really nice! Thank you for you work!

Would be easy for you to add a "save as image" option?

Levi

Version 1.03 being uploaded as I type this - now with capability to either copy the preset block image to the clipboard, or save it as a PNG file... :) [Tip: Right click on the preset block image]

One has to spend HOURS looking at SYX files in a hex editor, and doing a lot of guessing and testing! :D

No specs here - I've just had to trace signals sent between Axe-Edit and the Axe-FX and extrapolate the info... I had to do the work for AxePad anyhow, and so AxeReporter was just a side project I did with the leftovers...

Dude, you are a beast!! I know from axedit to axefx you can see the midi data for each control, but this program inputs the sysex for the preset! So you deciphered the raw file? Cool stuff

Richard

+1.

You didn't just ask Cliff for the SYX spec? Thats painstaking work, but I've been there! Bravo.

Back
Top Bottom