Meisoshi

Hi all,

I have a second hand Axe-Fx II unit that I've had for a while. I only use it for recording at home but I've been having issues that I've been putting up with until now.

There are many patches that I download from Axechange or that came pre-loaded on the unit where there is an insane amount of clipping. Specifically output clipping - the Out 1 Clip light comes on but the input lights are okay (green or yellow). I have already been through the process of ensuring my input is not clipping by accessing the Utility menu etc.

This may happen even when the volume of the patch is super low. Sometimes even on clean sounds, or on distorted sounds even when the guitar is not playing! It make a lot of sounds completely unusable. My way of coping has been to turn down the volume on the 'Amp' block and this tends to stop the clipping, but the downside is that it can change the sound of the patch OR sometimes requires me to turn the volume down INCREDIBLY low - in some cases the patches are still unusable. I'm wondering if I have something setup incorrectly? People are uploading these sounds to Axechange as is, and so they must be usable which makes me think my unit must be set up incorrectly. I'm also having issues with delays seeming excessively long and reverb seeming too boomy and loud - I've posted this in a separate thread.

I have it plugged in directly to my computer, and I then play the sounds through Logic. I also sometimes plug headphones directly into the Axe-change.

If anyone can help me figure this out I would be incredibly grateful. It has been a pain.

Thanks

Hi there!
I'm an absolute newbie too, but let me suggest you to look for a global amp gain setting or a global EQ gone wild in the global menu.

Let me know if it works!

Back
Top Bottom