Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 8.00 Up

Just spent one hour resetting all my 380 presets with amp block switching! Pheeeewwwww!!! Transition to 8.0 complete. Thanks FAS!!!

...and the other way round, turn damp up from zero and get the presence control back, wich I prefer more.

Yes, but then the model is no longer accurate. Amps with no negative feedback, i.e. Vox, Badger, etc., sound and feel the way they do because they have no negative feedback. As soon as you add negative feedback you reduce the effect of the speaker impedance which changes the sound and feel considerably.

Also curious what 'jucier tone' means. Hope it doesn't make me wet myself!

You will have to hear/feel for yourself. Hard to explain in words.............

For whatever reason, at least to me, this update gives a more spongier/juicier/more elastic tone and feel.
Like a ..........real tube amp. :)

More range in tone depending upon how you dig in.

Well upgraded from 6.01 to 8.0. Whatever happened to 7.0 didnt happen in 8. All my patches transposed pretty decent this time! Of course AXEdit is borked with all kinds of wrong settings even after a sync from hardware.
So its front panel for now. Thanks Cliff and everyone!

Juicier was the only work I could come up with to describe it.

Its a good word. Even before downloading v8 I get what you're referencing. What a lot of folks don't know, and why I'm excited you reworked this part of the equation, is that the Phase Inverter tube is where MOST of your best overdrive comes from. Its the single reason PPIV master volumes sound so good. People think that cranking the master on an amp gives you power tube distortion. Even though thats SLIGHTLY true, the actual overdrive from a power tube is rather tiny and isn't where you're getting the thick harmonics. Rather, its the PI tube right before the power tubes that are giving you everything you hear. THe PI is at the HEART of what makes a cranked marshall sound good.

Congratulations Fractal on 8.0.

Really enjoyed reading this thread, alas I am away for work. It seems I am every time the firmware updates.

I'm going to update and hopefully will fix the issue I had with v7. C'mon 8, please, please work. :)

As I said in the post right after, if you have the MFC plugged in, just disconnect it.
might be something to do with the sync mode of the axe-edit, or just plain bug.

Great update and finally good tuner. Thanks!
Can someone, maybe Cliff, explain why the Badger has the pwr tube bias set at 0.400 ? It should be a Class A amp so a value between 0.600-0.800 would be expected.. the model still sounds very bassy and muffled compared to the real one (I have one).

It's not a Class-A amp. It's a cathode-biased amp. Sounds identical to the one I have here. Perhaps yours is a 30W or modified somehow.

OMG!!!! Anxiety has just set in and I'm trying to do the math regarding how much time I have before go time at tomorrow night's gig and if I can make any necessary adjustments. I feel better after reading Scott, Java and a few others upgraded with minimal issues. Should I do it?!?!?!?!?!?

And Cliff and Fractal team, hats off to ya and a huge thank you to you all!

With v7 I didn't need to create my own presets, the factory preset sounded fantastic with the most minor tweaks.
Now that I have upgraded to 8 most presets sound muddy/bassy and lack the definition they had before.
Anyone else getting this result? No biggy I can fix but thought it odd.

Thank You MikeyB59 & Cliff!!!!

Playing around with the deluxe tweed. Driving it close to breakup and Neil lives! Loving it!!!!!!

@Cliff... Did Adam at Tungsten ever get back to you? He should have by now.

OMG!!!! Anxiety has just set in and I'm trying to do the math regarding how much time I have before go time at tomorrow night's gig and if I can make any necessary adjustments. I feel better after reading Scott, Java and a few others upgraded with minimal issues. Should I do it?!?!?!?!?!?

And Cliff and Fractal team, hats off to ya and a huge thank you to you all!
Back up your presets and you can always revert back if it doesn't work for you.

Downloading Firmware 8.0 and getting tickets to see Paul McCartney in Houston on the same day! Which should I be more excited about?

From the last few months, I think I've got a much better chance of seeing a lot more firmware upgrades before seeing Paul again.

Back
Top Bottom