Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 8.00 Up

was there a major problem in 7 (I didn’t noticed) that has to be rewritten into 8 ? Now don’t understand me incorrect
I think *you* are not understanding this correctly...
There was no big rewrite at all, but some "leftovers" were further improved upon (Presence). You don't get epiphanies on demand, BTW.
Enough other big things are justifying fw8, but Cliff told the main reason for full point updates is when there is a likely significant change of sound (aspects), "that's all" ;)

And yes, there are a few bugs. 8.01 is coming "soon".

Cliff has added major amps in past .01 updates. To me that is more ridiculous than going from 7 to 8 here ;)

I just upgraded... I thought the tuner was good before, but it's rock solid now! :D

I have something strange going on with '59 Bassguy presets (V7 factory) on power up. Does this happen to you guys?:
1) Set AFXII to a '59 Bassguy preset ("000 '59 Bassguy", or say "305 Vintage Spring")
2) Power down, wait 10 sec (or whatever), power back up
3) I notice no sound! Complete silence, but input LEDs working.
4) Sound comes back if I:
a) go to amp page switch amp type to something else and then back (the suggested fix for stuff like this)
b) ...or switch to another preset and back, it works as usual...

Strangest of all: storing the preset after fixing it does not rectify this issue. I still have to switch presets/amps around. And this only seems to be when powering up on a '59 Bassguy patch.

+1 on this

I had my first gig with v8 Saturday and I have to say the Axe performed stunningly. My band played the Pony Palooza at the Pink Pony in Atlanta. There were 3 other bands before us. When it was our turn, I set my rig up, punched up a particularly crunchy Matchless patch I have, hit a power chord A and watched the sound guy's eyes pop out of his head. After the show he said my guitar sounded great and that I had played my ass off. He got the first part right! As for the second part, playing outdoors, with strippers everywhere, well, let me just say, I did not play my best - but I had a blast.

Thanks Cliff for the latest update. All my presets needed no additional tweaking at all. I just loaded the firmware the night before and went for it. It was a good decision.

Its a good word. Even before downloading v8 I get what you're referencing. What a lot of folks don't know, and why I'm excited you reworked this part of the equation, is that the Phase Inverter tube is where MOST of your best overdrive comes from. Its the single reason PPIV master volumes sound so good. People think that cranking the master on an amp gives you power tube distortion. Even though thats SLIGHTLY true, the actual overdrive from a power tube is rather tiny and isn't where you're getting the thick harmonics. Rather, its the PI tube right before the power tubes that are giving you everything you hear. THe PI is at the HEART of what makes a cranked marshall sound good.
I really appreciate your posting this.

And to those who think this should be called 7.0123 or something, read the above. NOW do you see a major feature? Or did you want to consider IMART?

Back
Top Bottom