Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 5.00 Up

Been playing a lot with 5 now. Beta and official. Haven't come across a single amp that doesn't good.
Also a few discoveries, for ex. CAE 3+ Ld, vey nice!

P.S. If I have to pick one amp that has lost my 'love' for it, it's the Cornford.
Been that way since I got the II. On the Ultra the RK100 was a favorite of mine. The MK50 on the II just doesn't thrill me as much, although I heard a great clip by Andi-o.

Last edited:
maybe a dumb question but I have seen that 5.01 is on it's way.
I have not installed 5.0 yet , still on 4.01.
Is installing 5.0 a requirement or can I just wait for 5.01 and skip 5.0? (I ask this becuase with some software the updates are incremental and not full "replacements"

P.S. If I have to pick one amp that has lost my 'love' for it, it's the Cornford.
Been that way since I got the II. On the Ultra the RK100 was a favorite of mine. The MK50 on the II just doesn't thrill me as much, although I heard a great clip by Andi-o.

this bums me out is a big way. I had heard some oustanding Ultra clips with the Cornford and I was planning on using this M%0 for one of my lead patches. With the II I haven't been moved at all by the "corncob" model. In the tube world the MK50 is one of my favorite fusion amps.............:(
I wonder what was lost?

Is installing 5.0 a requirement or can I just wait for 5.01 and skip 5.0? (I ask this becuase with some software the updates are incremental and not full "replacements"
Think about it... If that was the case, people would have to install 40 firmwares before getting there with Cliff ;) (Ultra included and just guessing at the amount)

Think about it... If that was the case, people would have to install 40 firmwares before getting there with Cliff ;) (Ultra included and just guessing at the amount)
hey I'm a new II owner, I've done 2 upgrades not 40, never had a Standard or an Ultra, I'm just checking.
Plus how many people who own these units skip 30 of the updates? probably zero, so I see no harm in asking this question.
I am a software engineer by trade, some software is rolled out in this manner. If Cliff always does full increments on each roll out , well that's great , easier for us.
some companies don't.

I know all that, but I figured you were here long enough to see how often Cliff updates and even "completely rewrites it", like he did on this one. So for me it would be common sense :p OTOH, there's no harm in making sure, I would too.
(I have not seen an incremental (flashed) firmware upgrade though? Do they exist too?)

interesting. the Ultra's RK never did it for me, but REALLY like the MK50 on the II. I guess tastes can differ and Cliff just has to put the RK into the II as well :)

I know all that, but I figured you were here long enough to see how often Cliff updates and even "completely rewrites it", like he did on this one. So for me it would be common sense :p OTOH, there's no harm in making sure, I would too.
(I have not seen an incremental (flashed) firmware upgrade though? Do they exist too?)
Nah, I signed up back in June but I just got my Axe II the las week of December, so I didn't really spend any "real" time on here until this past month.
I am a total noob in this realm.
Still catching up and figuring this thing out :eek:ops
Put it this way, I have an MFC floorboard (I got it with my II) and it's still in the box, I haven't evern hooked it up yet. :?
I don't even know where to begin with that thing :lol

interesting. the Ultra's RK never did it for me, but REALLY like the MK50 on the II. I guess tastes can differ and Cliff just has to put the RK into the II as well :)

Not complaining here, enough other choices!

Just got blown away with patch 370 which comes over really strongly in 5.0 - many congrats to Mark Day for that one!!

Hey kmanic,
every FW version is complete and self-sufficient :)

Mhhh... here's another generic piece of information to add by default to every and each upgrading note.

Put it this way, I have an MFC floorboard (I got it with my II) and it's still in the box, I haven't evern hooked it up yet. :?
I don't even know where to begin with that thing :lol
The beauty of the MFC is that it is actually plug and play. In AxeFx mode, it does pretty much what you'd expect (change patches, turn FX on/off) without doing anything more than hooking it up.

I haven't seen that? Have they mentioned what is being addressed in 5.01 yet?

Would updating the firmware render Axe-Edit useless until it is also updated, or would it still be somewhat usable?

I have to agree Yek .... The RK100 was my favorite on the Ultra also ...

Would updating the firmware render Axe-Edit useless until it is also updated, or would it still be somewhat usable?
It was still usable, but the additional features that were added weren't in the GUI. They do have a new version up though that works and should work with 5.01 since it's a small bug fix and not any major change.

Back
Top Bottom