Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

Hey

Thanks do this mean that amp block reset ,will reset only that amp block not all presets or default amp blocks? And when you update new firmware ,will there be that amp reset in all default amp blocks?

BTW

Would be very nice ,when those new firmwares will come available. If someone have some time to do tutorial videos ,what new features there is. And how those features you can unlock or bypass. Like there is those update all preset thing ,and amp reset thing ,sag thing etc.... How you can bypass or unlock those new features.

Go to the amp block and "double click" the BYPASS button. It will reset all of the parameters on THAT block to default. If you want to have a way to go back I suggest copying the preset to another location first and tweaking that new preset.

Last edited:
What about the recto models? I'm currently running them at about 3.00 for RECTO1 MODERN and 2.50 for RECTO2 VINTAGE. Before, raising the master volume got them to flub out. And now?

Hey

Thanks do this mean that amp block reset ,will reset only that amp block not all presets or default amp blocks? And when you update new firmware ,will there be that amp reset in all default amp blocks?

The amp block reset should only reset THAT amp block in THAT preset to whatever the defaults are for that particular model. Updating firmware should have little to no change on your saved presets.

Hey

Okey thanks that was help ,to understand that amp block reset.

The amp block reset should only reset THAT amp block in THAT preset to whatever the defaults are for that particular model. Updating firmware should have little to no change on your saved presets.

Hey

BTW

Would be very nice ,when those new firmwares will come available. If someone have some time to do tutorial videos ,what new features there is. And how those features you can unlock or bypass. Like there is those update all preset thing ,and amp reset thing ,sag thing etc.... How you can bypass or unlock those new features.

+1 on that

:)

how can i have a JCM 800 2203 with 6550 tubes ,what do i have to change ?

1. Load up the amp you want to use.
2. Go to the speaker page of the amp.
3. Change the power tube type to whatever you choose. (I think it's the middle virtual dial).
4. ???
5. Profit.

This is a really fun update. I feel like a mad scientist playing with all the possibilities. Thanks Cliff & FAS!

how can i have a JCM 800 2203 with 6550 tubes ,what do i have to change ?

1. Load up the amp you want to use.
2. Go to the speaker page of the amp.
3. Change the power tube type to whatever you choose. (I think it's the middle virtual dial).
4. ???
5. Profit.
I think this is one for Paco again to do some maths with tube knowledge for us ;) . unless the OP is really not sure about how to select a different tube type...

I've been reading this thread from the start and the tube type location has come up quite plenty. ;) But you're probably right. The OP is most likely looking for the values of moving things around for a certain mismatch.

Loaded it up. Sounds good, I could hear a slight difference from v12.03 but nothing to make me want to readjust BMT etc on my presets. (probably could, but I'm lazy)

Followed Cliff's advice to boost LF Res. Ended up boosting it to 5.5-6.5 on most of my presets. Sounds... better. So uhh, yay!

I think this is one for Paco again to do some maths with tube knowledge for us ;) . unless the OP is really not sure about how to select a different tube type...

Some MK2 JMP Marshalls were originally equipped with 6550 in the late 70s - regarding output transformer primary impedance (also using hammond manufacturing as reference) I would suggest to turn Transformer Match on 0.89 when using 6550.

Cheers
Paco

Last edited:
Some MK2 JMP Marshalls were originally equipped with 6550 in the late 70s - regarding output transformer primary impedance (also using hammond manufacturing as reference) I would suggest to turn Transformer Match on 0.89 when using 6550.

Cheers
Paco
and Paco to the rescue again :). thanks for that !
I've got one more for you if you don't mind, as this is a common "mod" done to JTM45s, Plexis and 800s... KT66 into an EL34 amp.

really appreciated !

Have to agree- I've come back to this model a lot this week.

I am going to have to check it out. The 1987x was my go to amp with my STD. I am new to the II, and loving the Brit 800, but haven't tried the 1987x since 12.02.

Really now...is there any amp that doesn't sound great in this box? Me and the band were blown away last night with the tones I was copping with the Morgan. Everything I've tried just sounds great and that is with the stock presets and very little tweaking. I do notice that the highs are subdued compared to past firmwares and my STD, but that is easily remedied with a little EQ or IR change. The tones are round, warm and chewy. So many amps...so little time! :)

Hey

BTW

The Axe Academy...video instructors wanted!

Back
Top Bottom