Axe-Fx II Firmware 9.01 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hands down the best company in the Universe.Other companies would not give a shit about these things,like listening to a costumer and fix every bug that's on the unit.When you buy other products in this category usually what you buy is what you get.There is no 13 new amps or new features or stuff that we get every month or so :p.
Thank you FAS team for everything :D

Thanks to Cliff & the rest of the FAS crew! So VERY glad I ditched Line 6!!! The Bad Cat is just incredible!!

Thanks!! Was fearing it would not come soon... :) Back to old habits can be a good thing ;)
Was the CAE fix a longstanding error? (just out of curiosity, not that I would notice probably...)

BB4ML.jpg

Thank you all, many have been very eager to contribute to this release.
IMO, the difference between a bug report and a complaint is all about the emotional content in the reporting. If it's a "just the facts" statement of the issue, it's a contribution. The more the reporter mentions disappointment or criticizes FAS, the closer it gets to complaining.

IMO, the difference between a bug report and a complaint is all about the emotional content in the reporting. If it's a "just the facts" statement of the issue, it's a contribution. The more the reporter mentions disappointment or criticizes FAS, the closer it gets to complaining.

yes, there is a difference. people have been eager in both ways, and I only hope Cliff don't let the complaining-part affect him.

I see how hard it must be to understand the negativity towards the hard work of a free improvement that's not perfect. Where is the shame?

bug report - yes please.

complaining - "if you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change".

A working Ax-Edit needs to be released now & not soon. Because soon is no longer acceptable when you spend over 2k believing the
editing software works with the unit you bought. Only to find .. it doesn't. Enough is enough. This has been goin on for far to long. All the dam
firmware updates in the world without a working Ax-Edit (as advertised on the website) is nothing less than an insult. And for anyone that doesn't like this. Blow out your rear in advance! ;)
Look, I understand your frustration, but in all the years that I've been using FAS gear now I can tell you one thing for absolute certain.....if an update or new version is ready than it is released that day. Cliff has never sat on any aspect of this stuff; I mean look at this firmware release, there were a couple of bugs reported and he fixed them and released an update within a day or so. This is not the first or second or even third time that I've seen this happen through the years. If there is a problem or something he gets after it and works on it until it's fixed.

Bottom line is that if AxeEdit isn't up there for download then it is not ready to be released. Do not assume that if it isn't up there for download that they are not working on it. And another thing that people seem to not realize is that Cliff is not the primary developer for AxeEdit; he has a whole other team that does that part. He even hired on more staff a few months back to get this thing moving faster. A beta version is being evaluated right now and if it passes the mustard we'll have it as soon as it's ready for prime time. The big mistake would be to undertake a huge overwrite of the entire code and then release it only to find out that it deletes presets or even worse damages hardware of some kind. People have to remember that the AxeFXII is it's own little universe in a box, but AxeEdit is a piece of software that has to run on every computer out there. Add the fact that it's a complete rewrite then you have to understand that it's going to take time.

The good news is that once it's up and running correctly future updates will just be that; adding the new amp names and a few parameters and all of the problems that we've had over the last year will be gone....at least that's the plan as I understand it.

It's getting close; they're working on it very hard. Try to relax and enjoy playing in the meantime.

A working Ax-Edit needs to be released now & not soon. Because soon is no longer acceptable when you spend over 2k believing the
editing software works with the unit you bought. Only to find .. it doesn't. Enough is enough. This has been goin on for far to long. All the dam
firmware updates in the world without a working Ax-Edit (as advertised on the website) is nothing less than an insult. And for anyone that doesn't like this. Blow out your rear in advance! ;)

I would agree if Axe Edit was the ONLY way to tweak patches but it's not. The front panel works fine. In fact, it has worked fine for me from day 1, version 1. It will be ready when it is ready. Obviously they are aware of the past issues with Axe Edit & are working to make it right. I applaud them for doing that & hope they don't release it until it is as functional & bug free as they can get it.

Many thanks to Cliff & the team for this uber fast update. FAS is the BEST company out there, bar none.

And please, take your time and get AE TNP right where you want it and working correctly. And please don't "blow out your rear", a prolapsed rectum is extremely painful.....

Thank you very much Cliff. You're incredible. I've never seen such a level of dedication on any other company!

editing software works with the unit you bought. Only to find .. it doesn't. Enough is enough. This has been goin on for far to long. All the dam firmware updates in the world without a working Ax-Edit (as advertised on the website) is nothing less than an insult. And for anyone that doesn't like this. Blow out your rear in advance!
problem.png

*Fixed. :)

Does every post have to be ruined with this crap?

Sell your unit, go away.

Morlock, Cliff owes you nothing.

You should spend some time in another country- it'll help you acquire the patience you're missing. They wont accommodate your mouth there so easily. It'll also show you that there is more to life than AxeFx.

If this was going on with something other than the AxeFx, like alcohol, it would a lot easier to see your addiction.

Take a few days off and go talk to people in real life. Play an acoustic guitar. Go take a dump and think. Roll in the dirt. Find a girl an take her on a date.

Jesus saves. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom