Axe-Fx II Firmware 9.01 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally updated to 9.01 on Monday, after being a happy firmware 7 user for several months. I didn’t test it for more than an hour but so far, I’m very happy, I notice the improvement in punch. Love the pick attack parameter, my U2 presets finally have the attack they need so the delay will stand out ! I had to adjust my basic AC30 preset which sounded quieter that the others but that’s fine, it also seems to have a bigger usable gain range. I noticed the same for a fender amp model, don’t remember which one, there’s so many now ;)
Another things I noticed is that the Tone Match blocks I used needed a 13 db boost when I went from firmware 6 to firmware 7. With firmware 9 I had to put the level back to 0.
I’ve yet to test the new compressor, the improved pitch shift from firmware 8, the new amp models etc. I hope to be able to do new video demos soon, including all the new IR mixes I did these last two months, but I’ll need to fix my computer first, I “killed” it (probably the power supply) after the update so I’m computerless at home for a little while

I support Mr. Hadley in his statement with all my heart. And I'm thankful to God that there are still some people out there like him.

Now, can we get back to FW 9.01?

I think this conversation has run its course of usefulness. I've been getting complaints about it in the webmaster box. So, goodbye. Topic closed.

And I am implementing a new rule, courtesy of a great old Listserv I once read. Anyone who after warning, persists in talking about politics or religion in this forum will be silenced electronically until they record an original cover a song selected at random in a guitar style selected at random.

Examples might include a "Master of Puppets/Flamenco," "The Man who Shot Liberty Valance/Ska," "Send in the Clowns/Chicken Pickin'"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom