Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #3

Thank you Cliff. I've notice the increased clarity on my Marshall presets. Have to re-record my tracks.

Bummer, man.

Don't you hate it when things get so much better that you've got to redo everything else to make it keep up? :fatigue: It's a great problem to have.

Played for the first time last night and it's sounding great! I will have to adjust the drive slightly one my Prince Tone presets and maybe lower the high cut. It might be my imagination, but something got altered slightly there.

Just got back from a long day at the studio capturing IRs. Used 19.00b3 and everything sounded incredible. For each cab we selected an appropriate amp model so as to get the best IRs and all we did was set everything to default except Drive, MV and Level. Recto1 Org through the old Recto cab was insane. We used a ribbon mic with an Neve active DI into an API pre. Some of the best heavy tones I've ever heard in my life. It was so unique and heavy and clear that we were all saying that you could base an album off that one tone.

Then we used the 1959SLP model into the Lerxst cab and got some really cool classic rock tones. For the Dumble cab we used the Dumble and Carol-Ann models. Stellar.

Just got back from a long day at the studio capturing IRs. Used 19.00b3 and everything sounded incredible. For each cab we selected an appropriate amp model so as to get the best IRs and all we did was set everything to default except Drive, MV and Level. Recto1 Org through the old Recto cab was insane. We used a ribbon mic with an Neve active DI into an API pre. Some of the best heavy tones I've ever heard in my life. It was so unique and heavy and clear that we were all saying that you could base an album off that one tone.

Then we used the 1959SLP model into the Lerxst cab and got some really cool classic rock tones. For the Dumble cab we used the Dumble and Carol-Ann models. Stellar.

I am so excited. The last few cab packs have been off the charts good. And we always end up with really excellent mixes in the firmware. Thank you!

Ahhh nice I've been waiting for this next round of IR's from FAS...sounds like you guys even surprised yourselves.

Did you also find that in this session that single IR's could really stand on their own vs needing to be mixed, like Cab Pack 10 IR's??

The new motor drive is a very powerful tool, check it out.

+1. This is the first time I've found non-zero values very useful. Plus it let me back of the overdrive on amp models, but still get sustain, but better clarity.

Still trying to figure out how best to use the different amp compressor modes.

Ok man Now my jaw just dropped on the floor haha, thank you so much for sharing Cliff!!!

I've gone through and reset all of my Amp Blocks back to Factory defaults, except adjusted the levels to get them all back to unity. They all have an increased clarity and note definition - especially on the bass end. That was one area that I always had to cut back before, or things got a little boomy, and even sometimes flubby; now they seem piano like. They can still get greasy, but they have definition, while retaining that grease & grit.

I don't know exactly what you did that set this up, but me likey.......

I've also traded out almost all of my cabs for aftermarket IR's, mostly Fractal, OH, with some TAF & ML thrown in there, so that could also have some bearing. I'm having a hard time finding things I don't like, when just setting them back to defaults.

I also reset verbs, chorus, drives and delays with good results. Delays I've had to dial the repeats back a bit, and I usually wind up somewhere in the 320 ms range of repeats. Love the M-Delays, as well.

I've had to adjust the levels on the drives quite a bit, but that's to be expected, depending on what you're feeding it into. I'm mostly hanging with the default drive settings, for now, on most of my presets. I'd love to see more of the drives G3'ed - I like what you all have done to them so far. I'm not at my unit, so I may have this off a bit, but some of them that I use the most that aren't g3'ed are the Eternity, FD, 3-knob Tube Driver, Fuzz Face and SDD Preamp. The Micro Boost has been getting a lot of play.

I don't recall if the Compressor block has been updated recently - could be the sum of the whole is causing this impression - but these seem to also have a better interaction and clarity, a better "feel" if you will.

Thanks! Hope the feedback is helpful.

Have I mentioned... I really really want you to REPLACE ALL of the old, stock, non-UR cabs with a best-of-the-best new collection of stock IRs from your latest packs, plus some choice samplings of newer OH, Amp Factory, CK\ML, etc, assuming those guys all want to kick in. They should, it will help sell more cab packs, just like the way they sell street drugs (first hit is free).

I'm willing to wait patiently while you go ahead and do that Cliff. :)

Just take my money already Cliff! Hopefully these new IR's were captured with the new method? I am seriously in love with Fractals last IR pack. Incredible!

Back
Top Bottom