Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.07 Released

Wondering if the UR issue affected UR cabs used in normal Rez mode? ( I tend to use UR cabs in normal rez mode with the intent of using them in UR mode if needed but usually requiring me to remove some blocks to make cpu room).

I'll have to give UR mode another listen given this fix. I've really been struggling to hear some of the finer tone nuances (i.e. UR vs Norm Rez, Short vs long plate). My ears are not great but I'm starting to question if I might need to replace my monitors as well as they are not the greatest (KRK rocket 8's with sub).

Regardless of these nuances, I'm more than happy using the Axe with Cabs in normal rez mode.

Wondering if the UR issue affected UR cabs used in normal Rez mode? ( I tend to use UR cabs in normal rez mode with the intent of using them in UR mode if needed but usually requiring me to remove some blocks to make cpu room).

I'll have to give UR mode another listen given this fix. I've really been struggling to hear some of the finer tone nuances (i.e. UR vs Norm Rez, Short vs long plate). My ears are not great but I'm starting to question if I might need to replace my monitors as well as they are not the greatest (KRK rocket 8's with sub).

Regardless of these nuances, I'm more than happy using the Axe with Cabs in normal rez mode.

Those are the monitors I have too and I have to agree, not the greatest!!!!!

When I read "UR's been broken since 16.03" I felt that comment was a slip of the tongue in the spur of the moment. It gave plenty of ammunition to the haters.

FAS should increase the number of quality beta testers and charge money for FW updates.

Also make all employees sign a Non-disclosure agreement ��
Are you really Fire against Fractal Beta testers
in kinda way as well? Not the right thread anyhow, how about write some comments in the Kemper Or AVID forum, then I don't have to read anymore.
Why we don't get a Update plan you pay for month/year like the Avid mafia started with PT 12, that is what you want? And there will be most likely still hidden Fails in Software Update's you'll see.

i loaded 18.06...was kind of disappointed, but the Community and FAS came together to quickly solve the issue and produce a fix (18.07). I can't believe how fast this has happened. Folks, this the way it's supposed to work. But often, because of mismanagement, arrogance, or whatever usually it doesn't (with other companies). I'm very proud to be a member of this community/team. Thanks!

Some folks will doubtless jump on this as "Fractal has been screwed up for HOW LONG?!?!?" Reality is, I doubt anyone would have even known there was a discrepancy, had they not presented a solution.

Quite frankly, I suspect many, if not most, companies would have ignored the issue. And most of these would also deny it exists, so they don't have egg on their face. They'd wait until they could charge for a software update, and bury the fix in that update, and brag about how great they are, now....

The Fractal gang seems committed to providing the best they are capable of, given the constraints of current technology and knowledge, regardless of where the "blame" may seem to lie.

The Fractal folks take the high road - they discover an issue that "needs" to be addressed, work on a solution, and post it online, for anyone, and everyone, for free, in light-speed time. No finger pointing, no blaming it on a fired employee. Just a simple "Here you go, everyone; we discovered a boo-boo - thought you could try this out, instead!"

Seriously - how cool is that, really?!?!? :encouragement:

Are you really Fire against Fractal Beta testers
in kinda way as well? Not the right thread anyhow, how about write some comments in the Kemper Or AVID forum, then I don't have to read anymore.
Why we don't get a Update plan you pay for month/year like the Avid mafia started with PT 12, that is what you want? And there will be most likely still hidden Fails in Software Update's you'll see.
I mean add Speculum Speculorum, Chris, etc. to the beta testers group. Actual Beta testers are cool in my opinion, doesn't hurt to have more. Not me though, maybe you? Someone once said: " playing Fractal we're all beta testers", and I laughed and liked the comment, but I really see myself as a paying customer and fan, not a beta tester (what the F do I know).

My comment about paying for Firmwares was intended to piss off the entitled.

The NDA comment was a joke.

LOL I notice I always have to explain myself? If anyone can't stand my comments, learn to use the ignore function like I have, and carry on!

Some folks will doubtless jump on this as "Fractal has been screwed up for HOW LONG?!?!?" Reality is, I doubt anyone would have even known there was a discrepancy, had they not presented a solution.

Quite frankly, I suspect many, if not most, companies would have ignored the issue. And most of these would also deny it exists, so they don't have egg on their face. They'd wait until they could charge for a software update, and bury the fix in that update, and brag about how great they are, now....

The Fractal gang seems committed to providing the best they are capable of, given the constraints of current technology and knowledge, regardless of where the "blame" may seem to lie.

The Fractal folks take the high road - they discover an issue that "needs" to be addressed, work on a solution, and post it online, for anyone, and everyone, for free, in light-speed time. No finger pointing, no blaming it on a fired employee. Just a simple "Here you go, everyone; we discovered a boo-boo - thought you could try this out, instead!"

Seriously - how cool is that, really?!?!? :encouragement:

I agree 100%
I've had stellar tones all through 16, 17 & 18! I think people are under the impression that the bug made everything sound bad. Go back and read the old threads......seemed like a TON of people were finding great tones.
If you read the other thread about the bug, you'd see it wasn't this colossal thing that destroyed tone. The OP noticed a difference in a certain frequency bands that were responding different than they should have, only for UR cabs.
Even he said they were still more than fine for live, only noticed under critical listening during recording.

Cliff could have easily said he was nuts, fixed bug and never said a word. No one would have been the wiser.

His business ethics and devotion to product certainly shouldn't be an issue.

As for the few pissy posters on this thread, check back in with us when your company has got a better product. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone

I mean add Speculum Speculorum, Chris, etc. to the beta testers group. Actual Beta testers are cool in my opinion, doesn't hurt to have more. Not me though, maybe you? Someone once said: " playing Fractal we're all beta testers", and I laughed and liked the comment, but I really see myself as a paying customer and fan, not a beta tester (what the F do I know).

LOL I notice I always have to explain myself? If anyone can't stand my comments, learn to use the ignore function like I have, and carry on!

One thing I've learned the hard way is that email, text, forum posts etc. can be really difficult to convey your questions, comments, let alone sarcasm & humor! [emoji4]

I've gone round and round in texts, thinking "how can this person possibly not understand what I'm saying!"

It can be tough!
Tolerance[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone

Like I've said before, try contacting Jim Marshall at Marshall amps with a question about anything at all. Even if you have the Diamond encrusted Limited Edition Jimi Hendrix Reissue amp covered with Jimi's actual paisley pants, you'll never reach Jim on the phone, forum, email, etc.

I was misleaded by your post kind of I have to admit. Nah not see me there as well, I have a lot respect for the choosen Beta testers. For sure all users in the forum are part of the development-process when sharing their experience and ideas with the product. Thats epic in the FAS forum at any rate!

Well to be fair, Jim Marshall is dead.

But your point is well received :)

I was gonna mention that as well[emoji3]
Not really fair to throw Leo or Jim under the bus for not answering the phone[emoji4]

Now trying to get someone from Line 6 or Behringer on the phone is a different thing altogether.
From past experience, I think their phones ring at the same pay phone booth. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone

Now trying to get someone from Line 6 or Behringer on the phone is a different thing altogether.
From past experience, I think their phones ring at the same pay phone booth. Sent from my iPhone

0fybmMy.jpg

mbrown3, please reread my comment and think about what I am saying. If you take a few minutes to evaluate it, we are saying the same thing.

I've read it. I still don't agree. It's like saying my crappy $20 headphones make Pink Floyd's Pulse sound awful, so all of the claims that it's the best recording quality of any live album ever must just be "hype".

Last edited:
I missed a few pages, so I don't know what the hell you guys are going on about, but...

I like 18.new. I think I'm hearing a little more fullness out of my IRs, but have nothing to compare to without rolling back, which I won't be doing. Anyways, got a solid 5-hour block of playing in today. Sounds tits! DC-30 is really killin' it.

Back
Top Bottom