Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.07 Released

I watched it happen live, while eating popcorn

It was like watching Shrek and Donkey on another wirlwind adventure

With cameos from Simeon, Chris, Ownhammer and others

The day will go down in song and dance for many generations of musicians to come

That why my afx2 is my best gear buy ... Ever !
Love Fas team and their full dedication to tone quality and customers
:encouragement:

I watched it happen live, while eating popcorn

It was like watching Shrek and Donkey on another wirlwind adventure

With cameos from Simeon, Chris, Ownhammer and others

The day will go down in song and dance for many generations of musicians to come

So did I minus the popcorn, lol. Was great seeing it unfold.

Sent from my iPhone

WooW !!... I think I read somethin about FW18 sound is nasal... actually I had a precarious feel about this matter, if it's out there or Not ??... dunno it should have a relevancy to this issue or Not bud I MUST test it,

Many Many thanks ''FAS''.

just installed 18.07 for a quick test.

Amp Dirty Shirley mid gain (ac/dc like), the 2 great (;)) stock cabs Ures CP10 Friedman in parallel, simple reverb.
I test in 15 sec on a rythm pattern => the first time I hear so much of a difference on a minor bug fix !
=> jump to my ears to be clearer, more opened. Before the update, with 18.06, just play the same riff=> it was more "compressed".
Again each one can feel & hear things differently, but for me, no pacebo effect on that ! a "clear" step ahead.
Love you FAS, with my beloved AFX2.

Even if I still really appreciate to play my H&K tube amp into cabs (thinking of another thread about tubes amps feeling....). But there is so much more on the AFX side: tone diversity& quality, flexibility, evolution, usage types, etc. the pleasure to have something alive, in fact, thanks to FAS dynamic and dedication as said above.

man, things are happening so fast these days.

Cliff, we love you man, and are totally amazed by your hard work and the results, but we're going to have to do an internet-intervention to get you to take a break. Don't go 'til you burn out. I just waded through that river of shit and I didn't put in half the effort you do.

Hope this kinda solves the Kalthallen issue i've mentioned here:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...rding-kalthallen-irs-new-factory-presets.html

quoting myself:
"with 17.04, i was using the FREE "Axe-Fx sys files" downloaded from the Kalthallen site, and some of them were really great. after the upgrade to 18.04, all of them sound terribly noisy, tinny and they are clipping. i tried a system reset, i tried to erase and reload them, but nothing changed. anyone have an idea?"

Hope this kinda solves the Kalthallen issue i've mentioned here:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...rding-kalthallen-irs-new-factory-presets.html

quoting myself:
"with 17.04, i was using the FREE "Axe-Fx sys files" downloaded from the Kalthallen site, and some of them were really great. after the upgrade to 18.04, all of them sound terribly noisy, tinny and they are clipping. i tried a system reset, i tried to erase and reload them, but nothing changed. anyone have an idea?"

They are not Ultra res, are they?

I wish i could make Cliff the gift of 3 weeks more lifetime NOW to make some holiday and take a outtime without Axe-Fx, but white sanded beaches, blue skies and some cool cars he`d like... he deserved it more than anybody else i know, IMHO...

Thanks for fixing this and the manner in which the situation was raised, discussed, analyzed, and 'fixed'. This forum community and FAS are what makes this product so great.

In all the UltraRes error furore, I wonder if this got caught in 18.07..?

I just noticed I forgot to mark the Lonestar models as G3. Don't worry about that. I'll mark them on the next release.

Speaking of which, how do we see which amps are 'marked' G3 - lists only, or do they have an indicator in the AxeFX / AxeEdit..?

In all the UltraRes error furore, I wonder if this got caught in 18.07..?

Speaking of which, how do we see which amps are 'marked' G3 - lists only, or do they have an indicator in the AxeFX / AxeEdit..?

I just checked and yes they are marked as G3 now. You can see the G3ness only in the Pre tab of the Amp block on the front panel - the name down the bottom will have (G3) after it.

Back
Top Bottom