Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.03 and Presets

would love to see a screen capture of the new presets... just to whet the appetite for later! wonder how they were structured and whatnot. jonesing hard right now!! need some Fractal Methadone until i can have the real crack tonight!!!

BankA.png

BankB.png

BankC.png

WIKI: factory presets

Last edited:
I thought the presets were better balanced than the last set which were really loud for me. This set is, for the most part only a few db above where I currently set my standard patch levels with the odd one I found to be set quieter.

I tend to set my standard preset level at a point where I cannot light up the output LEDs with any of my guitars with any combination of block/modifier settings within the preset or with any pickup combination. All my patches then get set to match that standard.

You must be level-setting even quieter which is fine except, yes, you have to watch out when switching to a factory preset (or something is wrong in your settings somehow).

I've contemplated going in and turning down all the factor presets to match my own patches but that doesn't seem like much fun to do so I've not done it.

I'm talking in relation to each other not my own presets. I was scrolling through the mid and high gain amps and they'd go from really quiet to pinning the clipping LED. I have the input flat and and have a good strong signal so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm gonna reinstall everything later.

call me stupid

how do banks A, B, & C work and do I need to upload those files as well?

sorry, still learning the mark II

Has anyone but me noticed IR's just sound better in FW 18 ? I'm liking a lot of the factory IR's I never even considered before !

I'm talking in relation to each other not my own presets. I was scrolling through the mid and high gain amps and they'd go from really quiet to pinning the clipping LED.
Are you scrolling through the amps instead of through the factory presets? That's two different things. The factory presets themselves are fairly uniform in level, and none of them comes close to clipping.

Are you scrolling through the amps instead of through the factory presets? That's two different things. The factory presets themselves are fairly uniform in level, and none of them comes close to clipping.

Yup right through the presets. I'm guessing something got messed up during my update.

Yup right through the presets. I'm guessing something got messed up during my update.
If you're going from one factory preset to another, without changing amps or anything else, you shouldn't have any wild level changes. Try reloading the presets...and make sure they're the latest. :)

i ran through some of the presets in bank A last night and they seemed pretty good, mostly. they were well balanced, but a lot of them seemed to have way to much bass (for me). easy to fix with some gentle tweaking of the tone knobs, though. i'm finding 18.03 much brighter than 17 and not as smooth on the top end, so some tweaking had to be done in my presets, but i'm happy with my tones so far. i'm gigging tonight, which will be the litmus test, so i'll see how well they translate with some serious volume :)

Yep, a lot of bass in the first 10 or so I went through. Easily compensated for, though, with either the cut or bass knob!

Will the DR103 be converted to G3 eventually? I thought I read this was one of Cliff's personal amps and was surprised to not find the (G3) next to the name yesterday after loading 18.03. Just curious!

I was going through the presets last night and the first bank of amps, the few presets that I tried, there was no noticeable eq adjustments or hi/low passing in the amp/cab block but have been told that these have been tweaked at loud levels.

Am I missing something here? I am just curious how these presets are different from the stock blocks...mainly the amp/cab blocks.

Thanks!

call me stupid

how do banks A, B, & C work and do I need to upload those files as well?

sorry, still learning the mark II

Use Fractal Bot to load the banks into the Axe. As has been mentioned numerous times, back up your current presets first as loading a bank file will overwrite everything with the new bank.

Use Fractal Bot to load the banks into the Axe. As has been mentioned numerous times, back up your current presets first as loading a bank file will overwrite everything with the new bank.

Also, if you load an individual bank, (i.e. A, B or C) at the last minute it will ask you which bank you want to load it into and then it will go overwrite that bank.

If you load the "whole enchilada" file, that contains banks A, B and C, it will start overwriting with Bank A, without asking you where to put it. ;)

I lost my first 9 presets that way, before I was able to go "S**T" and hit cancel. (I use Bank A for my stuff - I would use D but the MFC won't address past bank C)

Backing up your presets is always a good idea. :)

Has anyone but me noticed IR's just sound better in FW 18 ? I'm liking a lot of the factory IR's I never even considered before !

The ones I've tried sound A LOT better, but I haven't made it past the first few presets, which all have new IRs which I THINK were captured with the new process (which would explain why they sound that much better).

The ones I've tried sound A LOT better, but I haven't made it past the first few presets, which all have new IRs which I THINK were captured with the new process (which would explain why they sound that much better).

Actually was refering to older original IR's not the new ones .

Played for hours today and got lost in time, sounds perfect!
Especially enjoyed playing poweramp/cab - setup, really killer. Even compared to my real recto, and couldn't tell a real difference anymore. Great!

Also the factory presets are well done, sound very good and well balanced.

So, thank you very much again! Great killer-firmware! I love it.

Just got an hour to flick through presets and loving the volume balance on all of them

Damn I'm digging the jvm right now.

Got my AFX rig just a few months ago, so all I've known was FW 17. Now that I've gigged with it a while, I have a better idea of how I want things set up. I only use about 15 or 16 presets onstage, so I'm looking forward to doing a "clean slate" start-over with FW 18.

Back
Top Bottom