Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.03 and Presets

I can't even get to my own patches. I keep spending hours with the factory presets. So many good ones.

I always use Ctl+I to be sure to start really from scratch on a given amp. No surprise, clear and ur sure for the result: initialize all amp params to default

Ctl+I, I must have missed that, one of things that was a bummer was if I choose a new amp when clicked on the amp block, it brings up the same settings as the previous amp. hmmm........

Ctl+I, I must have missed that, one of things that was a bummer was if I choose a new amp when clicked on the amp block, it brings up the same settings as the previous amp. hmmm........

This is the only case with regard to the basic settings as for example gain and BMT.

Excuse my French, Holy Shit! The factory presets sound awesome! I've just finished running through the first 45 or so, there's probably 3 I don't care for! The rest sound great and showcase the amps without even tweaking. Amps that never did anything for me before sound fantastic. FAS Lead 1, terrific, never did any thing for me before. USA Lead bright, never really worked for me, now wonderful. I don't play heavy stuff but the Uber is amazing. The wrecker never grabbed me, the Wrecker Rocket preset is great! I'm thinking this is the combined effect of G3, Ultra Res and other great cabinet improvements, and possibly Mark Day's input on dialing up great patches. Oh, and all of this sounds great with my typically too bright Strat, without adjusting any controls. I actually think you could plug just about anyone's guitar into this and blow them away with just the factory presets. Once again, the gift (to myself) that keeps on giving. Thanks FAS!

Mr. Z, #30. Not a fan before 18.03. Now it's been added to the short list for cleans. Completely stock except for a slight reduction of the bass control.

Mr. Z, #30. Not a fan before 18.03. Now it's been added to the short list for cleans. Completely stock except for a slight reduction of the bass control.

I sold my Maz38 to finance the Axe. I owned it for 7 years and LOVED that thing. After this update I don't miss it at all. And now I can crank it at a reasonable volume.

I'm not sure if this is a silly question or not, but here goes (just to be sure) - After loading 18.03, and then loading the new presets, does this eliminate the need to re-load the amp models as was sometimes the case in recent updates?

When downloading the new presets and banks my Axefx doesn't go to a "load" screen like when updating the firmware. Is that normal?
The fractal bot says it's transferring and the fractal shows midi function but my screen just shows the last preset I had pulled up

Help please

When downloading the new presets and banks my Axefx doesn't go to a "load" screen like when updating the firmware. Is that normal?
The fractal bot says it's transferring and the fractal shows midi function but my screen just shows the last preset I had pulled up
Help please

Not sure but - I didn't get a 'load' screen either, but the AFX went to the first preset after it completed.

Not sure but - I didn't get a 'load' screen either, but the AFX went to the first preset after it completed.

Def did the whole load screen with the firmware
But I'm at 30% "trans sysex" and it's just chillin on my last preset.
Trying to avoid calling my guitar tech if one of you axe ninjas can through me some insight

Lovin' 18.03... I'm not a big mesa fan, but the IIC+ and the German V30 cab, plus a bit of a drive pedal in front of it... whoa...

I'm not sure if this is a silly question or not, but here goes (just to be sure) - After loading 18.03, and then loading the new presets, does this eliminate the need to re-load the amp models as was sometimes the case in recent updates?
There's no need to reset amp models. That's for presets where you may have tweaked the amp model away from its defaults. You're loading factory presets designed for FW 18.03. They're already what they need to be.

Def did the whole load screen with the firmware
But I'm at 30% "trans sysex" and it's just chillin on my last preset.
Trying to avoid calling my guitar tech if one of you axe ninjas can through me some insight
Are you saying your Axe-Fx is frozen at 30%?

Are you saying your Axe-Fx is frozen at 30%?

No sir
I'm saying I have no way of knowing by way of the axe fx screen if it's recieving the data on the all banks and presets download
Only the fractalbot shows a percentage

Finally got to give 18.03 some time. I dont even know how to explain it. Sound is awesome. Presets are awesome. Amps sound great with minimal tweaking. Amps sound a feel different from each other more than before. The word "BETTER" just seems to come to mind across the board.....

Reactions: RDH
The preset files DO NOT show a progress bar. You'll see the MIDI light flickering during the transfer, and when it's done, the Axe should switch to the first preset.

The preset files DO NOT show a progress bar. You'll see the MIDI light flickering during the transfer, and when it's done, the Axe should switch to the first preset.

You are correct sir
Thank you for the input
Looks like she's all updated and ready to roll!

Back
Top Bottom