Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.01 Released

Goddammit! I'm in bed just did a quick check on my phone to discover this. Ok, first thing tomorrow morning then ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please help me understand these changes before I update.

I currently use SPDIF and while recording to the DAW it is set to analog and on the Firestudio Interface I have the AXE as master. When I reamp, I have shut the DAW down and switch from analog to SPDIF on the AXE and change the Firestudio to Master and then relaunch the DAW. How do these changes impact this setup? Even if the AXE auto switches I would still need to toggle the Firestudio back and forth and still shut down the DAW to do this unless I am misunderstanding how this works.

Please help me understand these changes before I update.

I currently use SPDIF and while recording to the DAW it is set to analog and on the Firestudio Interface I have the AXE as master. When I reamp, I have shut the DAW down and switch from analog to SPDIF on the AXE and change the Firestudio to Master and then relaunch the DAW. How do these changes impact this setup? Even if the AXE auto switches I would still need to toggle the Firestudio back and forth and still shut down the DAW to do this unless I am misunderstanding how this works.

are you talking about word clock or just the audio signal?

are you talking about word clock or just the audio signal?

Not exactly sure. I just know what settings i need to make it work and assume the SPDIF settings and workclock are all tied together somehow between the AXE and Audio Interface.

I guess I dont understand what this wordclock change is and how it impacts me using SPDIF.

Yes, in the Axe-Fx screen! I have the Axe edit 3.1.5 version!
Thanks for reply! :)

Here it's working fine.
The Axe-FX II screen should show the "edit" page of the same block you're editing in Axe-Edit... So it's normal to see the screen change while you're using Axe-Edit.
But what's happening to you is weird.
Was it working properly before updating?
If you turn off Axe-Edit and operate from the front panel, it works ok?

I've done a lot of tests but cannot reproduce the problem, sorry.

Try to "Refresh after new FW" from Settings in Axe_Edit.

HUGE thanks, Cliff!! The Bogner xtc sounds so damn good now, and the Marshall 410? Man has that come to life and become not so fizzy.
The Cameron is a very nice surprise as well, going to need wiki to see what each channel is.....

So much goodness going on here!! And those new FAS Friedman Cabs...oh those cabs.......are so lovely!!

HUGE thanks, Cliff!! The Bogner xtc sounds so damn good now, and the Marshall 410? Man has that come to life and become not so fizzy.
The Cameron is a very nice surprise as well, going to need wiki to see what each channel is.....

So much goodness going on here!! And those new FAS Friedman Cabs...oh those cabs.......are so lovely!!

Yes, the 410 was a bit fizzy before it was G3'd. Much smoother now. You can control the smoothness of an amp using the Hi Cut Freq or the Triode Plate Frequency parameters to some degree depending upon the model.

Great. Just great. How am I supposed to get any actual practice done when I'm going through sampling all of these sweet tones? ;)

Hell of a time for a broken arm...

and, new guitar finally coming this week. commissioned over a year and a half ago.

Well, I have something awesome to look forward to, for sure, and huge motivation to get through PT and back to practicing and jamming!

Huge thanks to FAS for your non-stop dedication.

Just installed this and it's not bad at all....but I guess I'm feeling kinda meh.

I mean, it's ok, really - I certainly wouldn't kick it out of bed or anything, but I think I'll go back to my Behringer V-Amp for now.

Any word on when the G4 technology is dropping? Will that be in the next firmware? If so, I guess I can wait a couple of days.

Edit: Sorry everyone, I forgot to turn my Axe-FX back on after the update. We're good now.

Just installed this and it's not bad at all....but I guess I'm feeling kinda meh.

I mean, it's ok, really - I certainly wouldn't kick it out of bed or anything, but I think I'll go back to my Behringer V-Amp for now.

Any word on when the G4 technology is dropping? Will that be in the next firmware? If so, I guess I can wait a couple of days.

?

Back
Top Bottom