Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

FW18 was officially a hit at the show last night. After the first set the other guitarist and bass player asked the same question, 'how'd you get your strings to ring through so clearly?'.

Admittedly, I try to be a little cautious of being so enthusiastic, I'm the world's worst to fall prey to confirmation bias, but I had several of my musician friends also compliment me on 'dialing that thing in the best it's been so far', and honestly the only thing I really did was readjust my levels on most of my show patches.

I suggest waiting as I hope to have a new beta version in a day or two.

are you referring to Axe edit .or a public Beta 18.01?

Can you elaborate more on the "deep" circuit for Uber Deizel ,20th Bogner Shiva is that currently active in 18 beta or was it something still in the works for those amps ?

Cliff - any plans to G3-Fractalize the Two Rock amp sims? Just curious mate, thanks for all the hard work!

Of course he's going to do all of them. He just couldn't sit on the entirety of it before full release. Plus there's bug reports that betas help find an all....

Can't wait! That's my go-to Marshall choice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, it's sounds better now just being on 18 I can only imagine how great it will once we get it ported. It must be great we know Cliff got lost for an hour on it the other day always a great sign.

Just when I think I'm about as happy as I can be Cliff tells me that "soon" I will be happier. Gotta love it.

Played for 5 hours today. No ear fatigue. That's a statement for quality.

Cliff: Have you done the Carol-Ann OD2? How is the clean channel on that amp?

My immediate response to the FW18 was that we now have many individual amps. I can hear the differences between them MUCH more than before. I also noticed a more "amp in the room" ambiance or something that sounded like a little bit of early reflections. Also the scream/gnarly factor has increased and they all sound immensely more tubey and amp-like. Perhaps it's my imagination but I also notice what seems to be a faster response to the pick where in the past there always seemed to be the most subtle latency, hard to describe but I think it's gone on the G3 amps. So for that reason it feels better. I just did a session with FW18 and I came up with the Bryan Adams tone from the solo on "Every Thing I Do" and it was melty and soft with excellent bloom. So nice. Either way, I think this is a real move in the right direction. Superb!!

Snow, ice and sick here in DC.

BIG coffee with a shot of Sambuca to cure my ills and then time for some beta 18 goodness as well as IR's from FAS and OH to play with. I'm stoked as I've been travelling and haven't had a chance to really do anything studio-wise (save for a few mins last night) in 2 weeks.

Cliff - in terms of actual modeling are some amps more a pain in the ass to do than others ? I'm guessing some have such different topologies that they'd present challenges.

Which are the easiest and which are the most challenging/time consuming ?

Snow, ice and sick here in DC.

BIG coffee with a shot of Sambuca to cure my ills and then time for some beta 18 goodness as well as IR's from FAS and OH to play with. I'm stoked as I've been travelling and haven't had a chance to really do anything studio-wise (save for a few mins last night) in 2 weeks.

Cliff - in terms of actual modeling are some amps more a pain in the ass to do than others ? I'm guessing some have such different topologies that they'd present challenges.

Which are the easiest and which are the most challenging/time consuming ?

The ones that are most difficult are the ones where the schematic doesn't match the amp. If I have an accurate schematic I can model an amp in a few hours. Unfortunately schematics are often wrong and sometimes egregiously (and probably intentionally).

The ones that are most difficult are the ones where the schematic doesn't match the amp. If I have an accurate schematic I can model an amp in a few hours. Unfortunately schematics are often wrong and sometimes egregiously (and probably intentionally).

Old school encryption! ;)

Back
Top Bottom