Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

Not to be a party pooper, but my initial impressions of FW18 aren't really positive.
It "feels" very stiff under my fingers and sounds spikey at times.
I suspect I need to re download and install the beta, just in case something went haywire.
I'll have another go at it tommorow. :encouragement: Maybe even start from scratch with some of the amps.

I'm really looking forward to the Splawns, the rest of the Bogners, and the Camerons!
same here ! during early beta phase we got handed a handful of G3'd amps at a time, more with each new version to test and even amps that didn't do it for me before sounded incredible and inspiring to play. really looking forward to the Bogner Fish and the CCV as these are very iconic (even if slightly under the mainstream radar) amps. they sounded good and close before, but now they're probably gonna be killing.

Not to be a party pooper, but my initial impressions of FW18 aren't really positive.
I suspect I need to re download and install the beta, just in case something went haywire.
I'll have another go at it tommorow. :encouragement: Maybe even start from scratch with some of the amps.

I don't know if this is possible, but my first impression was thin, treble, no low end, wtf? Just rebooting the unit fixed it for me. Amazing dynamics. Don't give up on it.

Have you tried to rebuild your presets from scratch? I'm not dismissing your opinion about this new firmware, but I have had great success with my presets after rebuilding them! Everything seems even more touch responsive and dynamic, and more 3D if you will. Good luck!

Just curious, does FW18 feel worse than FW17.04 for you?

For those having issues, don't be too troubled. Remember that this is only beta. We get to be beta testers (and find bugs/issues/tonal anomalies). The final release will likely be even better (!), with reported/unreported bugs worked out - and probably amps tweaked to be even more delicious.

Changed my mind... I love the Atomica High with the new (?) OH v30 4x12 UR cab. Really tight, high gain, cool tones.

According to Chris's list the Atomica is not a G3 amp yet. ;)

I haven't bothered to upgrade yet. Don't care much for betas. If curiosity gets the best of me, is there any way to tell in Axe-Edit which models are G3 or not?

According to Chris's list the Atomica is not a G3 amp yet. ;)

I haven't bothered to upgrade yet. Don't care much for betas. If curiosity gets the best of me, is there any way to tell in Axe-Edit which models are G3 or not?
Based on the release notes, I believe you can see the "(g3)" indication on the amp module's "pre" tab/page.

I hadn't played with the Atomica much ever... but it does sound nice! From the release notes and other comments in the thread, I think some of the new FW18 magic still affects amp models that haven't been fully converted to G3 modeling... Either way, I'm liking the Atomica! ;)

Wow ! I had to pinch myself to see if I was real !! I know the amps are !!! This is incredible Cliff !! Thank you for pitching us a Beta , You Rock !!!!

Hey Justin, what IR are you using with this Brit Brown sim, just curious on your take with it is? Im still digging your mix IR you put up a few weeks back. By the way what is the mix of speaker(s) in that one as I hear a few things going on?

thanks!

I'm using an OwnHammer V3 mix of the Sunn cab with 16 ohm English V30s and it's just fantastic! It has thick tight low end, clear aggressive midrange, and a sweet top end that isn't harsh. I'm really happy with it. :)

The 4x12 mix I put up is kind of a mystery recipe. M@ walked me through a cab lab tutorial and just grabbed a bunch of random IRs, put the faders wherever, and saved it just to show me how it worked. We didn't audition sounds or anything, but it ended up being a cool sounding dark cab, so I blended it with the old Kalthallen V30 #3 to give it a little more teeth on the top end. I love that cab with the Diezels, SLO 100, and the Atomica high as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arghh too many pages to scroll through! How come the rotary block is activated on every single preset? Sounds ace but slightly odd

how to reset the amps??? 2 times pushing bypass button on the block?? is that??? or im wrong?

I'm pretty sure if you change the amp to a different one, and then change it back, it will update.

But there is a better way - update all amps utility in the menu. It goes through them all and only takes a minute.

Back
Top Bottom