Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

1:51am-checked forum just to read updated fw18 news before bed
1:52am-starring at disbelief it is finally here
1:53am- done looking and check www.weather.com to see if snow is here and I may not have to work
1:54am-try and sleep and hope for the best. Bring on the snow!

not to burst your bubble guys, but on my original mark I, there's a "g2 modelling technology" writing on the front panel. so, my OCD says i cannot install a g3 thing on my axe, it just ain't right... so i urge you all, don't mess with it, this is some evil trickery.

Just want to chime in and say thank you. Like I guess a few others I had a healthy dose a scepticism only to be completely blown away. There’s a few higher gain amps that I hadn’t really “got” before, like the Recto’s and the Soldano’s and now they just scream, so much fun to play.

But my absolutely most favourite amp in the beta is the Dirty Shirley. I found it good before, and now it’s just insanely great. I browsed through quite a lot of different presets and just kept coming back to the Dirty Shirley. Just Wow!!!

Thanks again FAS.

The Fuchs ODS is just killer.

Agreed!

My primary amp for the 5 years prior to purchasing my first AxeFX (Ultra) was a hand-tuned and factory modded Fuchs ODS-50 1x12 combo. G3 brings the Fuchs model right up there with the real thing. I'm pretty jazzed over this one!

Cliff - thanks for posting the public beta, and especially for all of your time and efforts. It's very much appreciated! G3 does seem very much like getting a new AxeFX :)

Wow! The amp models sound fantastic! Thanks for the update!

I am experiencing a strange behavior in that the rotary block is enabled and not bypassed by default on all of my presets. I tried to reset the block as suggested in the release notes. I have tried to reset the system parameters, power cycle the Axe FX, reload all of the presets, and disconnect my computer. I am using the Mark I Axe FX II. Has anyone else had this? It's no big deal to just go through and turn them off, but I was wondering if this was normal or if there was a way of globally shutting them off.

Once again, this sounds rad! Thanks!

Aaaaah G3 CLASS-A 30WTB, you are sounding soo delicious and fine! I could just EAT you all up!! Nom nom nom nom!!

Thank you FAS!!

Ok just updated and played with the G3 amps for about an hour..

My impression is that there is definitely something better about it. Then again as a home studio shredder that only plays at home, this Axe FX II XL on FW18 is like feeding strawberry's to pigs.

After a quick play on v18, only a few basic tweaks required on the old patches, and yes, sounds better to me, but hard describe exactly what, maybe a bit more "open". Anyway it doesn't matter what, I like it :) Rotary sounds better too! I'll happily gig with this.

So a huge thanks, yet again, Cliff and team for your tireless efforts.

Back
Top Bottom