Axe-Fx II Firmware 17.02 Released

The Super sounds great when slightly overdriven. Crank its Input Level and decrease Bass.

Indeed...!

The Super 6G4 sounds great with the 1x12 Triptik R121/M160 IR's from Cab Pack 5 in a stereo cab with a 0.040 delay; made a nice, fat, bluesy preset with it tonight...

The amp models included in this firmware update are giving me wood. Bravo, Cliff!
Such classy choices. A Brown Super, a Brown Concert, and a Rt. 66. All low to mid gain
tone monsters. Thanks for the tip of the hat to us lower gain players!
weird, lower gain players? your name is metalpriest, and your avatar is sfv album, but alllllllllllllrighty then (I guess u r goin for the early 70s priest) :)

Mistake. Wiki has been corrected and punished.

BTW, the original Route 66 has no Presence control (only Vol, bass, treble). Presence in this model defaults to 0 on the Axe.

Yek The Punisher! Great movie! :encouragement:

Low gain players with SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE JUDA'S PRIEST Avatar ?! [emoji15]

As one ages, the amount of gain (in all areas of life) decreases. Riffs played at lower gain tend to be what floats my boat.
Ted Nugent's immortal "Cat Scratch Fever" riff was recorded with a Brown Deluxe. I like my gain at 60's/70's/80's levels.
So nice of Cliff to add some more of those flavors to our embarrassment of riches.

Last edited:
As one ages, the amount of gain (in all areas of life) decreases. Riffs played at lower gain tend to be what floats my boat.
Ted Nugent's immortal "Cat Scratch Fever" riff was recorded with a Brown Deluxe. I like my gain at 60's/70's/80's levels.
So nice of Cliff to add some more of those flavors to our embarrassment of riches.

I totally agree with you on gain... I'm 41 and I start playing live at 14 ... Nice I'm semi-deaf :p

It was only a joke over your Avatar ... JP for me is JUDAS PRIEST and NOT JOHN PETRUCCI ...
I think Tipton ( and Downing ) wrote the most beautiful guitar solos on metal history ... and both come from "Blues " ... Beyond the Realms of Death Solos is so PERFECT

When I listen to some more actual shredders I ear "nothing" ... so I'm on your side (Y)

BTW FAS and fw 17.02 rules :D :D :D :D

Wasn't even expecting any new amps but I'll take 'em :). Thanks Cliff. You've done such a great job modelling amps, but when will you try to add a model of Larry Mitchell's playing?

It would be great if we could get to just 17 bass amp models! ;-)

I hear you man! The bass amps in the axe are fantastic and really appreciated, but a little limited - theres not really a modern solid state amp option like a GK for example. Some of the newer bass gear out there is just killing - Jule Monique, Aguilar Tone Hammer, Darkglass, GK fusion etc and would just be perfect for modelling ...I am primarily a guitarist, but the guitar side of the axe is so awesome and comprehensive it's bordering on overkill! I see guys are still posting about having a hard time getting bass sounds happening - It would be awesome if FAS hooked up with a killer bassist, knocked out a few bass presets, put in a few more bass amps/preamps, a bass specific overdrive or two, a bass wah. I'm sure all the sounds are in there, but unless you really know what you are doing, it can be hard to get them out without a starting point.

I don't know what changed, but when I first tried to use the Stereo UltraRes block, when they first dropped (16.04?) they wouldn't fit into some of my patches without it glitching all over the place. On a whim, after I dropped in FW17.04, I decided to try it again, and to my surprise, it worked on every one of my patches! I don't know if it was intentional, but I'm super glad it works now! I've wanted to use this feature for a while now.

On a whim, after I dropped in FW17.04

You can't just go dropping in a Firmware version that's two more into the future, on a whim, without expecting us to notice...

wink.gif

I don't know what changed, but when I first tried to use the Stereo UltraRes block, when they first dropped (16.04?) they wouldn't fit into some of my patches without it glitching all over the place. On a whim, after I dropped in FW17.04, I decided to try it again, and to my surprise, it worked on every one of my patches! I don't know if it was intentional, but I'm super glad it works now! I've wanted to use this feature for a while now.

Almost sure you had a bad firmware update ... I had something similar ... Started trying to fix thing everywhere ( even on my guitar [emoji12]) then re-installed the firmware and all was fine and "as expected"
Happy that it is fixed ... Stereo ultrares cabs are very useful

Back
Top Bottom