Axe-Fx II Firmware 17.00 Released

Cliff - When resetting the USA Lead amp sims so the new changes are implemented, the Negative Feedback on page 2 jumps from the default value of 2.50 (or 5.00 on the IIc+ sims) all the way to 10.00 (max). Is this new value the correct default for these amp models now? My patches sounded like they had a blanket over the speaker with it that high.

Also found a possible bug - When Recalling an Amp block from any user made patch to insert into a different patch (user or factory), the "Y" side of the block always loads with the "ODS-100 Ford Md" amp model. It does this with both Amp #1 & #2, but only when recalling from a user made patch.

10 is the correct value now. Internally it's lower because the presence network reduces the loop gain.

If your preset sounds dark turn up the Presence. Also experiment with the Presence Shift switch.

The models replicate my reference amps very accurately.

I think I may have you beat. It dawned yesterday on me that M@ might just be Matt... oh the shame!!!!

thud.gif

Before we had the possibility to somewhat emulate the "Extreme Mode" of the Mark V by setting the depth around 7.00 on the USA Lead models. Now with updated circuit and depth not working this won't do it anymore. Is there any other way?

Guys,

my OUT1/2 indicators show 0% to 99%, not 100%. Is this correct and by design? Love this feature, because i use different settings for home/rehearsal and so i have now freedom to use other values, than "noon" or "full". Nice addendum!

Thanks Cliff!

Maybe.

I'm tired of chasing the past. It's time to create the present and the future. Everyone is hung up on recreating rather than creating. Chasing 30-year old tones. Meh.

You've got the biggest box of tools ever created for the guitarist. Every color and brush imaginable. Forget paint-by-numbers. Create your own masterpiece.

Therefore I'm not going to tell you what they are based on. Many people here need to start using their ears more and their eyes less.

Hey boss,

I get it, I really do. I really hope that as you shoot for the moon and diverge away from old n busted for new hotness that you remember that there are many of us that will never get an opportunity to play through these amps in real life.

Think of Kaylee and the duck sculpture in that episode of Firefly. I've never even seen a Plexi, much less played through one, and likely never will. The Trainwrecks, Dumbles and the other unicorns? I didn't even know they existed until I got my Axe-FX II. I've learned so much since. Fractal gave me that.

Perhaps as you develop more new and exciting tools for us to play with, perhaps you can continue to model the past, maybe by delegating that task to a padawan.

It's the only way most of us will get the chance to experience these amps and effects.

Cliff - When resetting the USA Lead amp sims so the new changes are implemented, the Negative Feedback on page 2 jumps from the default value of 2.50 (or 5.00 on the IIc+ sims) all the way to 10.00 (max). Is this new value the correct default for these amp models now? My patches sounded like they had a blanket over the speaker with it that high.

After the update my IIc+ patches were loud and... Different. Reselect the amp and Redo the settings using your ears, don't try to put the same values you had before 17. Well you can in the basic tab, and EQ (Mark) but it is more convenient to tweak the other tabs from the new default values (if you had to) rather than put the same values as before... If not just keep the new defaults.

My USA patches sound awesome.

New set of roundwounds + Ampeg SVT amp model + tube preamp in Axe Fx firmware 17 = GROWL!

Handles the low B on my Yamaha great too.

Loving this update, best guitar and bass tones I've ever had.

Impressive!
I've never been able to achieve great bass tones with the Axe ('cause of my inability obviously).
Could you post the patch? Please.

Cliff, this update is badass!! The Chorus and Flanger sound amazing!!

So much greatness added, this is the perfect XMAS gift. :mrgreen

Thank you & FAS crew!

It is an amazing update, the VU meters are a godsend, the flangers are sounding better, yet to try the chorus. Thanks very much.

Before we had the possibility to somewhat emulate the "Extreme Mode" of the Mark V by setting the depth around 7.00 on the USA Lead models. Now with updated circuit and depth not working this won't do it anymore. Is there any other way?

The Extreme mode on the Mark V is based on the Lead Channel of the Mark IV with the presence knob pushed in. It lowers the negative feedback and makes the amp much more aggressive and louder. Set the new presence shift in the USA Lead models to off.

Back
Top Bottom