Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.01 Released

Wow, a very unsubtle improvement in the low end. I was suffering through all sorts of flubbiness with my Les Paul with fw 15... the low end now seems much tighter. I actually went back through all my presets and re-dialed the amp blocks on just about all of them from scratch, finding I didn't need to adjust things nearly as much.

I got tired of waiting and picked up an MP-1 off Craigslist. :D It definitely has a unique vibe, but I'm having challenges integrating it in the Axe, as I am using output 2 to my CLR (which limits what you can do with the FX loop). I'd love a dedicated Axe model.

I could not use my LP's without massive tweaking. Gave up and was playing my other guitars. Now I can use them all ! Sweet ! I also used to get ALOT of clipping the output even set properly with my LP's Now that is gone as well. Just Awesome.

My ears are ringing. 16 is probably my favorite update so far! Started at 5.07. Truly a gift that keeps on giving! Thank you Fractal!

Can't believe how far it has come from fw14! Everything feels so organic! I have never had so many people comment on how good my guitar sounds! Even from people who don't play! Had a few weeks playing on positive grids bias because I was away working, and was blown away when I came back to my beloved Axe Fx! It really is the dogs bollocks!

My ears are ringing. 16 is probably my favorite update so far! Started at 5.07. Truly a gift that keeps on giving! Thank you Fractal!
That was the same one I started on. I would love to go back and try that firmware to see how far we've come just for fun.

That was the same one I started on. I would love to go back and try that firmware to see how far we've come just for fun.
I did, from firmware 3 ;)

10661948_10152276492752245_2712825144837403259_o.jpg

There's a quick preview of that in my lead preset video

I'm on tour at the moment so I would not dare upgrade until its over, so I'm still on 14.

Can't wait to finish in a month and upgrade.

Very happy with the box though.

Sounds crazy but I think I liked the 16.0 Beta better than 16.1. Normally I can just update and move on with presets but just doesn't sound as open and wide as the last update. More low end but less high end resulting in a "blanket over the speaker" type sound. I'm sure I just need to adjust some things.

that's strange since 16.01 only changed these things:

Improved Drive block algorithms for types based on the Tube Screamer.
Fixed thumping when switching amp types.
Fixed crackling when running two instances of the same amp.

16.00 was the same as 16.00 Beta 1

I actually noticed a difference in this firmware. My recto patch sounds better to me. Hopefully its not all in my head but normally I don't notice every update.

that's strange since 16.01 only changed these things:

Improved Drive block algorithms for types based on the Tube Screamer.
Fixed thumping when switching amp types.
Fixed crackling when running two instances of the same amp.

16.00 was the same as 16.00 Beta 1

I think I'm back on track again. I created an awesome Atomic preset tonight. :)

Sounds crazy but I think I liked the 16.0 Beta better than 16.1. Normally I can just update and move on with presets but just doesn't sound as open and wide as the last update. More low end but less high end resulting in a "blanket over the speaker" type sound. I'm sure I just need to adjust some things.

The amp modeling is identical in those versions.

The amp modeling is identical in those versions.

Cliff, I think I was just expecting to be able to plug and play so to speak but on some presets I needed to reselect the amp. Once I did this, the volume lowered and the sound was more like what I had in the beta.

I understand that equipment can just do strange things during firmware updates, etc. Not anything I was worried about at all but just needed to tweak a bit more than I have with the last update.

Back
Top Bottom