Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.03 Released

I thought I would try using Scenes to allow me to switch from a Marshall Lead patch I created (Scene 1 -Amp Input Drive at 4) to the same exact patch saved in Scene 2 as a Rhythm patch with Amp Input Drive at 2. The tones really give me what I need. But it seems scenes wont save this information.Only On/Off states?

What is best way then to assign Preset 385 and 386 to MFC-101 buttons 1 and 2. RTFM but not seeing what I need to know.

If you're going to stick with the same amp for both scenes, then you would use x/y. Setup amp1 x with input drive at 4, then go to scene 2 and change the amp to amp 1 y and adjust that input drive to 2. I do this often when making use of scenes. What might help here is to copy Amp1x to y so that you can make sure they're identical other than the difference in the input drive values you mentioned. So scene 1 has amp 1 X and scene 2 has amp 1 y.. make sense?

If you're going to stick with the same amp for both scenes, then you would use x/y. Setup amp1 x with input drive at 4, then go to scene 2 and change the amp to amp 1 y and adjust that input drive to 2. I do this often when making use of scenes. What might help here is to copy Amp1x to y so that you can make sure they're identical other than the difference in the input drive values you mentioned. So scene 1 has amp 1 X and scene 2 has amp 1 y.. make sense?

Yes...makes sense. Thank you. Is there a Copy Amp 1X to Y function that I could use to speed up the process?

Any suggestions with the best way then to assign Preset 385 to MFC-101 button 1 and then switching between scenes 1 & 2 using the MFC-101?

You could also use a scene controller assigned to adjust the input drive to your liking for each scene. That gives you the option of 8 different input drive settings (or any other function adjustable by controllers) instead of "just" 2 - within the same preset.

You could also use a scene controller assigned to adjust the input drive to your liking for each scene. That gives you the option of 8 different input drive settings (or any other function adjustable by controllers) instead of "just" 2 - within the same preset.

Good to know. Thanks!

Thanks for the updates!

Is the depth control on the Brootalz still not working on 15.03 , or are my ears finally going out from playing the AFD too loud? :D

I updated today because I gigged Friday and Saturday (on FW 15.02, pure awesomeness) and didn't want to risk too much.
Today after the update I had to lower the input setting from 90 to 50 to get away clipping, that weird. It's been at 90 for a long time, it's a control that I rarely touch. After lowering it everything sounds o.k. No dramatic changes from 15.02 to 15.03., nice toneshift when you vary the low freq on the speaker page.
Anyone ever noticed something like this, higher input level and showing up clipping LEDs after an update? How can that be, there's been no change to the code there.

May I ask for an up-to-date user manual? If FAS were based in the EU, they should obey some common sense business practice. The unit costs almost as much as a kidney.

May I ask for more accurate analogies when folks are demanding an up to date user manual. Since the poster is in the EU they should be better informed on the cost of kidneys.

"The going rate for a kidney transplant from eastern Europe, according to a study earlier this year by the Council of Europe, is USD$100-200,000 (£58,000 - £116,000)"
The Guardian, Wednesday 3 December 2003

;)

May I ask for an up-to-date user manual? If FAS were based in the EU, they should obey some common sense business practice. The unit costs almost as much as a kidney.

Buy kidneys often, do you?

Again more astute business advice from the peanut gallery.

May I ask for more accurate analogies when folks are demanding an up to date user manual. Since the poster is in the EU they should be better informed on the cost of kidneys.

"The going rate for a kidney transplant from eastern Europe, according to a study earlier this year by the Council of Europe, is USD$100-200,000 (£58,000 - £116,000)"
The Guardian, Wednesday 3 December 2003

;)

Sir, I'm demanding an up-to-date user manual because:

1. Owner’s Manual
Also mostly suitable for the Axe-Fx II XL until an update is available in April 2014

2. The kidney joke was not so appropriate

My apologies

Sir, I'm demanding an up-to-date user manual because:

1. Owner’s Manual
Also mostly suitable for the Axe-Fx II XL until an update is available in April 2014

2. The kidney joke was not so appropriate

My apologies

If you're seriously demanding anything around here, you don't need to. All things come to us PLUS TONS MORE than just a simple manual update. Take a look around. It would take too long to list them. There are answers to things on this forum ALONE that the MANUAL won't tell you. All you have to do is ask, nicely. Everyone is nice around here. 99.9% niceness. ;)

When I - years back - bought the TC electronics G-System I was not aware of the lousy manual, a merely non-working PC-editor. AND just a few people on the forum that could help newcomers.

And here we are. Firmware updates faster than you can change underwear. A very decent manual that goes into details. A plentitude of board-wizards that stands by nearly every day. A Wiki that's a fast help.

What more could you expect. (Ohhh, ahhh, when I strum the last chord and go to heaven Sct. Peter will offer me an Axe V with firmware 99.02).

Here's you solution: don't update firmware until an updated manual is published. That should satisfy your stringent EU standards. The rest of us will enjoy new amps and such as they come because we're not fools.

Oh and that would be the same EU that's driven an entire continent into a rule-induced economic disaster area? Greece is doing just SUPERB isn't it?

Here's you solution: don't update anything until an updated manual is published. That should satisfy your stringent EU standards.

That would be the same EU that's driven an entire continent into a rule-induced economic disaster area? Greece is doing just SUPERB isn't it?

Don't want to debate any further, it is an audio forum. The disaster came from BofA, GS, Fannie Mae, et co, and Greece is doing quite well, unfortunately. I'm ok with digging on Wiki and the forum, but it is quite some time from April, and the language change with every f/w update

Back
Top Bottom