Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.03 Released

Pretty sure you mean series...
wink.gif

Pretty sure you missunderstood ;)

I am also 100% sure my sounds changed after update. It got simply shrill and bright sounding, but after adjusting the bright and presence i got it to sound good again.
Should i reinstall the firmware?

I think so. I got the same and it seems like a bad install. Download again and do the install again.

Please report back. I'll do the same later today.

say whaaa? no "Sweet Child of Mine" super licks yet!..

Whats wrong with you people!

THE AFD is a great amp, I had the #2 version, but mine was a bit broken, but it sounded amazing when I first had it. - so now I have it again! that's wonderful.

say whaaa? no "Sweet Child of Mine" super licks yet!..

Whats wrong with you people!

THE AFD is a great amp, I had the #2 version, but mine was a bit broken, but it sounded amazing when I first had it. - so now I have it again! that's wonderful.

Or just use your Axe FX :)

I thought the Brit Super was good, but the AFS is really nailing it I think. This is probably going to share some of the heavy lifting that's been put on the Friedman for the past few years.

It's probably in my head, but did anyone else think the volume level of their patches dropped off a tad with 15.03? I didn't notice a change in tone, but it seemed I had to go back and adjust levels on several patches again. I have been tweaking the volume block on a few patches, so it could easily be something on my end and not due the FW update specifically.

Loving this update otherwise, and I'm continually astounded by Cliff and Co's efforts and generosity.

My patches are mostly amp->cab->delay->reverb now. I've removed all "tweaking EQ" from my presets. I've never been a drive block guy though.

I really love this approach to creating patches. For me it replicates the way I have utilized things with "real" amps/cabs/fx in the past.

I do have a noob question. I was using the USA Clean patch and wanted to boost the gain when doing lead solos and didnt want to do it with a Drive. I saw Amp controls that said "Master Volume" and "Input Drive" and "Output Level",but they seemed just to boost the volume. Didnt see any Gain controls that gave me the overdriven sound. (On the Kemper this is done with the Gain control).

What am I missing here?

Ostensibly. No one knows for sure. The schematic of the AFD100 differs slightly from the schematics I have of the Caswell #34 and #39. What I do know is that these new models are my go-to Marshall tones now.

as of about 5 minutes ago… me too…

the new Marshalls have that wonderfully pleasing blend that's like booting someone in the nuts whilst you're getting a blow job

I really love this approach to creating patches. For me it replicates the way I have utilized things with "real" amps/cabs/fx in the past.

I do have a noob question. I was using the USA Clean patch and wanted to boost the gain when doing lead solos and didnt want to do it with a Drive. I saw Amp controls that said "Master Volume" and "Input Drive" and "Output Level",but they seemed just to boost the volume. Didnt see any Gain controls that gave me the overdriven sound. (On the Kemper this is done with the Gain control).

What am I missing here?

All amp models are authentic to the real amp. If you turned Input Drive and/or Master Volume up on a real Mark IV it would just get louder as that is the "Clean" channel of that amp. If you turned them up enough you would probably get a little breakup but you can't turn a clean amp into a high-gain amp with just one knob.

You could get the model into overdriven territory by turning up Input Drive, Input Trim and maybe hitting the Boost but that may not sound good. Amps designed for distorted tones have different voicings than amps designed for clean tones.

So the short answer is "use a different amp model". With a Mark IV you would switch channels for leads. With the Axe-Fx you would switch models.

All amp models are authentic to the real amp. If you turned Input Drive and/or Master Volume up on a real Mark IV it would just get louder as that is the "Clean" channel of that amp. If you turned them up enough you would probably get a little breakup but you can't turn a clean amp into a high-gain amp with just one knob.

You could get the model into overdriven territory by turning up Input Drive, Input Trim and maybe hitting the Boost but that may not sound good. Amps designed for distorted tones have different voicings than amps designed for clean tones.

So the short answer is "use a different amp model". With a Mark IV you would switch channels for leads. With the Axe-Fx you would switch models.

Thank you! Thats exactly what I needed to know.

I got to thinking about this...

When I used to gig with a Twin and pedals, really I was using overdrives and distortions to try and make my Fender into a Marshall when I needed it... in other words it was in reality a compromise of sorts.

The Fractal makes that type of rig moot in some ways... just use a Fender for cleans and another amp for dirt.

(Fuzz is a different beast for me... .amps don't make the same wonderful noises as fuzztones :)

I think so. I got the same and it seems like a bad install. Download again and do the install again.

Please report back. I'll do the same later today.

And a bad install it was. Reloaded FW15.03 and my presets and all was back to GREAT sound all round.

So if it get bright, strange etc between 15.02 and 15.03, download again and reload the FW.

And please back up your presets.. That's one of the funky things about the Axe.. You can do that.

I thought I would try using Scenes to allow me to switch from a Marshall Lead patch I created (Scene 1 -Amp Input Drive at 4) to the same exact patch saved in Scene 2 as a Rhythm patch with Amp Input Drive at 2. The tones really give me what I need. But it seems scenes wont save this information.Only On/Off states?

What is best way then to assign Preset 385 and 386 to MFC-101 buttons 1 and 2. RTFM but not seeing what I need to know.

Back
Top Bottom