Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.02 Released

Once I got all my presets levelled, The ones that stood out as noticably improved were the plexi and the AC30's. Really alive sounding. The others I have used don't sound different to my ears but I'm happy with that because there wasn't anything bad about them before! I had to lower the level of my presets by 5db or so because my lead presets were clipping, so they must have increase in level in the last few updates. It's all good though.

The new ur ir's (especially the 5153 mix's) are definitely erection worthy. However, I couldn't stop playing yesterday and actually forgot to rub one out... Thanks FAS!

:lol that good? :) ... sold! :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still trying to get through all my presets, but I keep getting stuck for hours on end.

Apple names their OS. Mountain lion, Mavericks, etc.

I think this FW should be named Flypaper!

There's a problem with 15.02.

Every time I sit down to work on something four hours goes by and I haven't gotten a thing done. Matt calls it the "Advil Firmware" because your fingers are so sore the next day.

Yes and the missing 4 hour gap of lost time just been officially diagnosed and designated as AAPD or Advanced Addictive Preset Disorder. :stupid:

Symptoms usually fade slightly with the passage of time (a.k.a., the "false remission") only to roar back with vengeance upon the release of the next generation of firmware! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new ur ir's (especially the 5153 mix's) are definitely erection worthy. However, I couldn't stop playing yesterday and actually forgot to rub one out... Thanks FAS!

I think we have a new word in the FAS lexicon:

fasturbation (fas-tər-ˈbā-shən), noun
1. sexual arousal caused by the playing a stringed instrument through a Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx processor with firmware 15.xx.
2. the inability to achieve sexual self-gratification because you're too busy rocking out with firmware 15.xx.

JCM800 tones at 12 o'clock, with new UR TV mix 2 - conquer the world as we know it. Does it all. Roll back the volume, it's beautiful, wide, thick, complex, beefy. Open volume knob full on, and it sings crunchily.

15.02 is the best, and kudos to Cliff, for optioning the Sat switch. This is an amp impersonator, but on the other hand, allows us to do things that would likely cause a fire or short to the innards of a real amp, and the SAT switch feature is maybe something that an amp, should perhaps do in the way our SAT switch always has? I like the ability to be authentic if necessary, but personally, I like, and have become accustomed to the Ideal mode, and I'm glad that it is staying.

Note to self, don't upgrade the firmware at midnight... Gonna be very tired in the morning, assuming I go to bed :D

I don't know how much better 15 is than 14, and I'm not about to attempt to describe it. All I know is it sounds freakin awesome. Update went without a hitch. I could spend hours just playing my favorite patches.

This is a great time to be all-in on the Axe. Every firmware update is a good one.

Back
Top Bottom