Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Public Beta

I really do like the sound of the Maz38, AC30 TB and Plexi in 15b.
This is a big step in the right direction IMO.
Thanks Cliff and everybody at FAS.
At times like this I wish there was a tip jar or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So last night I loaded up FW15b and began the amp reset/tweak fest... Only to be thwarted by my attempt to play games with saved blocks in AE and being unable to copy X/Y into clipboard in AE with FW15 loaded,,, but makes sense as AE is not yet updated. Reloaded FW14 and was then able up copy those settings.

However, while tweaking I found that the power tube type in my Triptik Modern Lead was EL84 before resetting and EL34 after.

I don't recall changing this... I think when I had FW 14 reloaded that I verified it is actually defaulting to EL84.

I don't recall seeing this in the release notes... Can anyone confirm that the power tube type in 14.02 for Triptik Modern defaults to EL84 or EL34?

Just wanted to say that I had another go at fw15 with some time, fresh ears, and a positive attitude. My initial impression is that high gain amps have a better defined, less compressed character. Since the patches have to be re-engineered, it's impossible to A/B. I don't think I'm imagining the improvement....but with hearing being what it is, I can't swear to anything.

I'm staying on 15 this time.

I've always found that Cliff can be trusted completely, as every FW update has made my Axe sound better.
I've even giged my Axe with beta FW a few times, where I updated the FW just a hour before I had to leave for the gig - just need time to check levels and do mostly minute tweaks.
I can play at gig volume and have recorded stems of the rest of the band that I can use to check my sound with as well and check that it gels well in the mix frequency wise.

You can easily do an A/B if you have a DAW or other means of recording yourself, just record your tweaked preset from the "old" FW, update the FW and record again. I've done so in the past and it a very revealing test, especially if you are playing to a mix of music.

I did this last might, not really to do an A/B but because I had add a few more guitar parts to a project I'm working on. The FW 15b Dirty Shirley and Komet K60 that I tweaked with FW 15b clearly sounded better and sat better in the mix compared to my much loved and tweaked FW 14.02 presets with the same amps. So much so that I redid the other guitar parts as well - long night but well worth it when I heard the final result.

Last edited:
I had an idea last night. I'm going to add an "Update Amp Blocks in All Presets" function to the Utility menu. This will set all parameters in each amp block in all presets to the default values EXCEPT for the following:
Drive (Input Drive, Overdrive, etc.)
Bass, Mid, Treble, Bright
Presence, Depth
Cut, Fat, Bright and Fat switches
Master Volume and Output Level
Pick Attack
Thunk

So all the advanced parameters and any others not listed above will be set to default values.

Thanks, Cliff. That would save me one heck of alot of time. There are some patches where I change the advanced parameters, but not many.

I had an idea last night. I'm going to add an "Update Amp Blocks in All Presets" function to the Utility menu. This will set all parameters in each amp block in all presets to the default values EXCEPT for the following:
Drive (Input Drive, Overdrive, etc.)
Bass, Mid, Treble, Bright
Presence, Depth
Cut, Fat, Bright and Fat switches
Master Volume and Output Level
Pick Attack
Thunk

So all the advanced parameters and any others not listed above will be set to default values.

Yes, I forgot about those but that would make sense.

Matt had a good idea and that was to extend the function to just do the current preset.

Great stuff - thanks

Why not just add the "Update amps in all presets" functionality to the "Update all presets" command? I have a hard time coming up with a situation where you would want to do one but not the other...

I've been putting off yard work this morning because I've been stuck playing with the Deluxe Tweed with the TAF Fender room mix and a spring reverb. It sounds so great with my Strat! But the wife is starting to pace back and forth past the door so I think it might be yard work time soon.

Once more song!

Yard work is done... and yet, I'm on the forum.

No, no... something isn't right here.

Oh wait, the kids are napping. LOL!

I've been putting off yard work this morning because I've been stuck playing with the Deluxe Tweed with the TAF Fender room mix and a spring reverb. It sounds so great with my Strat! But the wife is starting to pace back and forth past the door so I think it might be yard work time soon.

Once more song!

Just take a hand full of 5 dollar bills throw um in the middle of the den and turn the ceiling fan up on high.... By the time she finds all of them you will have your practing done. Money well spent :mrgreen

I really do like the sound of the Maz38, AC30 TB and Plexi in 15b.
This is a big step in the right direction IMO.
Thanks Cliff and everybody at FAS.
At times like this I wish there was a tip jar or something.

Actually, not a bad idea, if voluntary. I would send a few bills every once in awhile, if Paypal were accepted!

Why not just add the "Update amps in all presets" functionality to the "Update all presets" command? I have a hard time coming up with a situation where you would want to do one but not the other...

Amen to that. I have just a handful of patches and it was a bit of a chore to go thru them all and change the amp model. Having the "Update all presets" command do that would be nice.

funny I loaded 15 sounded pretty bad on most my patches, not so bad I thought something was actually wrong, just thought wow it really changed my presets. Reloaded 14 yuck, again, just not right, so quietly slowly , re loaded 15, with nothing going on in the background of my computer; rechecked all settings global etc. went back and forth on amp cab on off, changed input from left to left plus right (IM NOT SAYING any of this helped) but Im so far ROCKIN AGAIN, things sound good so far, better loud of course (still except for dizzy, lost lots of balls, perceived gain=bring back the sat. button!)

Back
Top Bottom