Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Public Beta

Cliff, you are so right about most cut controls.

Even on some of those extremely expensive amps (double the price of 1 Axe FX), that's something the builders just couldn't get right. I could never understand why there was no effect for the majority of the cut control taper.

It's probably because it requires a reverse-log taper pot and those types of pots are uncommon and expensive.

It's probably because it requires a reverse-log taper pot and those types of pots are uncommon and expensive.

Cliff, would the unit make a popping sound if you allowed a modifier to be assigned to FAT and to CUT, and controlled with midi or a scene controller? Sometimes engaging fat and boost is all you need, and right now, to do that, we need the Y-axis or amp2. Y-axis most of the time causes brief, but audible cut outs, and having an amp2 block, decreases the amp resolution.

Good sounding FW for sure. Does anybody else notice though, that when you turn saturation on with the Diezels things get a little strange. It's like it totally overloads the amp or something. Love the way the Herbie sounds though. Mmmmm hmmmm!

I've noticed this weirdness going on with the Diezel as well. Only when engaging the saturation. Bug?

Well, I took the bait. My presets sound good.

Some one give me a starting place on the CA Tucana 3 amp, I'm not doing well with it at all.

I'm protesting until you include a Gorilla 10-Watt solid-state combo like I had in high school back in 86'. That thing was like a wall of Marshalls. :)

Then maybe a Crate GX60 haha. I bet it would be a challenge for Cliff to model something that sounds so bad. It would have to short out after extended use and the sound would have to fade in and out and get random static to mimic the faulty input.

Don't turn on the saturation. Those amps don't have saturation circuits. Putting one in there can make things sound weird.

Well shit. You must have changed a lot more then we all think. :) I was using it in earlier fw versions, and didn't encounter this issue.
Guess that's where I got confused. Good to know, thanks!

Near heart attack moment, loaded FW15. Went to my goto preset 08 Plexi Treble didn’t sound as crunchy as before, so I reloaded 14.02 to compare, and all the presets were gone?

Had to re download FW12 Banks A, B and C to get back up and running.

Near heart attack moment, loaded FW15. Went to my goto preset 08 Plexi Treble didn’t sound as crunchy as before, so I reloaded 14.02 to compare, and all the presets were gone?

Had to re download FW12 Banks A, B and C to get back up and running.

Backup your presets with Fractal Bot, before you upgrade to 15

Back
Top Bottom