Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

I haven't checked the forums for a few weeks and wow I couldn't believe my eyes! Now I can't believe my ears. I recently pulled out my 8 string ESP and put new strings on her. I usually play my LP every day but wanted to write some songs using both guitars.

I went through every amp and spent 2 weeks making a few new patches for my 8 string so I'm getting pretty familiar with most of the amps and have found a new love for the 5153 100W red.

I just installed 2.0 and noticed the difference immediately! In a very good way. It feels more responsive and the low end is tighter and has more punch without any difference in the gain. It is even more realistic sounding than before which I thought not possible.

I'm going to have to re record a couple of songs I'm working on for sure and I was just about finished one of them. It will be so worth the extra effort though. Thanks a million Cliff I am so glad I decided on the Axe-Fx 2 XL+ 3 or so years ago and didn't buy a Kemper lol. Not bashing Kemper or anything but this was the best purchase I ever made hands down. I'm a customer for life. No one can beat the customer care Fractal has.

Oh yes i should mention I am listening through FRFR HS8's. I will have to dive into the other amps and see how they sound. I have never gravitated to the Mesa amps so I might not know the difference some are reporting about the low end there but i'll see what I come up with.

FWIW, I'll be porting some of the Axe-Fx III 9.xx changes this week. I woke up yesterday and figured out a way to use a single modeling data file for all products going forward so we won't have to maintain multiple files.

Wow;
The Master Of Sourcecode Improvement ...

Congrats, Cliff!
👍:cool:👍

You're killer man!
So even the AxeFx II will go on ...
That, once more, makes the difference to other companies.

Thanx a lot for that!

Regards,
Mike

The best equipment I have bought in my life and the best support. I don't get tired of saying it.

People who leave it to try it or listen to it in concerts can see that it is not something like a Kemper, Line6 ... the constant improvement over the years of the software, the concept of how he does what he does is another league , and when I talk about support there is not much more to say. Taking the step towards an AxFX is by far the best option.

Hopefully you can unify the updates, that would be fkn amazing in all levels. Anyway, thank you very much!

Just came home after a 48hour journey and fund this thread......
Cliff & team, just WOW!!!!! THANK YOU!!

You guys all have the Golden Ears of the Gods. I installed Ares 2 this weekend and, like always, it sounded just the same to me. Didn't even bother to adjust my presets. I think its awesome that Fractal still bothers to upgrade their older legacy gear, I like this almost anal attention to detail. But if they hadn't I'd be fine too. It sounded fine yesterday. It sounded fine years ago when I first got the Axe, it will sound fine years from now.

So I guess this means the axe fx II is going to get many more updates?

I reckon the rumors of its demise have been 'premature'. What this means is that when Cliff says this is final it means ' until inspiration strikes me that it can, and then it has too.'

Just WOW ! I was simply passing by on the forum and noticed that topic on top of the list.
Very happy to get some more goodness on the Axe 2 ! Thanks Cliff.
I'm not in the capacity to upgrade to a 3 yet, so I really enjoy behing able to continue the trip with your continuous struggle for perfction on my Axe 2.
I will try this as soon as I can this week.

You guys all have the Golden Ears of the Gods. I installed Ares 2 this weekend and, like always, it sounded just the same to me. Didn't even bother to adjust my presets. I think its awesome that Fractal still bothers to upgrade their older legacy gear, I like this almost anal attention to detail. But if they hadn't I'd be fine too. It sounded fine yesterday. It sounded fine years ago when I first got the Axe, it will sound fine years from now.

I reckon the rumors of its demise have been 'premature'. What this means is that when Cliff says this is final it means ' until inspiration strikes me that it can, and then it has too.'
I only tried it for a few minutes, but to me it is a feel thing. My main preset (High gain 5153 Red thing...) sounded pretty similar, but it felt like there was more of a bounce to the feel which made it feel better to play, and the chugs coming out of my cab moved with me more. My main complaint of the Axe has always been that the low end did not chug like a big tube amp, and each Ares update seems to improve this. However, I would't say it SOUNDS dramatically different.

FWIW, I'll be porting some of the Axe-Fx III 9.xx changes this week. I woke up yesterday and figured out a way to use a single modeling data file for all products going forward so we won't have to maintain multiple files.

I haven´t words about this, thanks Cliff for this. Here you have a Fratal user for life.

Who cares for something like this if you can get the best?
My uncle nearly purchased the new line 6. Money is not an issue for him. I told him to research the Axe fx 3. I hope he chooses wisely. He has so many toys but when it comes to amp modelers you only really need a Fractal. I almost went for the Kemper before I got my axe fx 2. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it but not like this. I probably spend too much time tweaking tones but hey it's my time :).

Back
Top Bottom