Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

Holy Sh*tballs 2.0!!
AKA, how to keep your customers loyal & visiting the forum. Reminds me of Metric Halo. Upgrading today for tonight's gig which has great acoustics, and looking forward to how it'll sound at Saturday's festival gig.
Thanks Cliff!!

I was hoping there might be a few tricks up Cliff's sleeve being the owner of an Axe FX II XL+, there you go, another update to an already great discontinued piece of gear. One of my buddies recently sold his Axe FX Ultra to move up to the Axe III. The Ultra still sounds great, in fact, the guy who bought plays in a Queen tribute band. And now there's another fellow Musician who has been converted to Fractal Audio Systems.

Thanks, Cliff I can't imagine what the future holds, what will the sonic landscape be like in 5 to 7 years. I anxiously await the what is to come. Cheers, Perry D Gingerysty, AKA Techboy57

To Cliff, Matt, and everyone at Fractal ... You guys are amazing!!! I hope to pick up an Axe III soon. This update helps ease the pain and struggle of the saving up period a lot. Thanks again.

You know it's funny...I keep GAS'ing for a III for no reason as I only use like 3 amp models and then they do this to me. I am so confused.

It can't be said enough--thank you for your above and beyond customer support. This is the benchmark for how all companies ought to do business. As a proud owner of the Axe FX II Mark II, I'll probably never have the reason to justify purchasing an Axe FX III due to other financial priorities, but in no way have I ever felt short-changed in hanging onto my II. Thanks Cliff and team--you guys rock!

Hi guys, i have made a quick test comparing ares 1.3 and 2.0 using an axe fx 2 xl+ and an ibanez artstar asv100dg.

The amp model is an orange rockerverb 50 and the riff is Spoonman by soundgarden.

I have recorded the riff on neck and bridge pickup and then hard panned them, but i have also extracted the single parts for a quicker comparison

Hope this is useful:

wha wha what ??? I had to double check - 2.00.. wait do I have 2.00 or 1.3 ?? oh yess -a new firmware !!!
thanks all !! amazing support !

Thank you so much. What an amazing company you are. And why does this always happen when I turn up at work in the Friday morning. :eek: This is going to be a painfully long day at office.

I just had a chance to do a real-time, side-by-side comparison of Ares 2.00 next the previous firmware (Ares 1.02).

There's no question. The dynamic response of 2.00 is way better. Volume and distortion levels respond to your playing over a much wider range. The difference is not subtle.

Like good bubble gum, it's chewy and snappy. :)

Back
Top Bottom