Axe-Fx II and Pro Tools 9

I take it the answer is no, but I'll ask it anyway! Can the Axe-Fx II be used as a MIDI interface too when connected to a PC/MAC DAW?

They won't bypass the AFX II. Any message sent to USB will appear on MIDI Out. Any message received on MIDI In will go into the USB.

They won't bypass the AFX II. Any message sent to USB will appear on MIDI Out. Any message received on MIDI In will go into the USB.

What I mean by that is, if I send a sysex message using USB Adapter mode, will that sysex message make changes to the Axe-Fx II, or will it just go to the MIDI OUT?

What I mean by that is, if I send a sysex message using USB Adapter mode, will that sysex message make changes to the Axe-Fx II, or will it just go to the MIDI OUT?

The Axe-Fx will act on any message received over USB whether adapter mode is on or off. If the sysex ID doesn't match then the Axe-Fx will do nothing (as any properly designed equipment should).

The Axe-Fx will act on any message received over USB whether adapter mode is on or off. If the sysex ID doesn't match then the Axe-Fx will do nothing (as any properly designed equipment should).

OK. Thanks for bearing with me on this one, Cliff.

Can someone chime in and tell me if my assumption for routing USB using an AXE II as my interface is correct?

Here is my my current routing:
Axe (XLR Out) > Digi -002R (XLR in) > External Hard Drive via Firewire (for Audio) > External Hard Drive via Firewire (for Samples i.e. Reason, Drums, etc) > Macbook Pro Firwire

If I use the AXE II as my interface via USB, would this be the correct routing:

Axe (USB Out) > Macbook Pro via USB > External Hard Drive (Audio) > External Hard Drive(Samples i.e. Reason, Drums, etc)

Can someone chime in and tell me if my assumption for routing USB using an AXE II as my interface is correct?

Here is my my current routing:
Axe (XLR Out) > Digi -002R (XLR in) > External Hard Drive via Firewire (for Audio) > External Hard Drive via Firewire (for Samples i.e. Reason, Drums, etc) > Macbook Pro Firwire

If I use the AXE II as my interface via USB, would this be the correct routing:

Axe (USB Out) > Macbook Pro via USB > External Hard Drive (Audio) > External Hard Drive(Samples i.e. Reason, Drums, etc)

Just substitute Axe (XLR Out) > Digi -002R (XLR in) w/ Axe (USB Out) > Macbook Pro via USB and you have it

Thanks Sean. So then it would look like this correct?

Axe (USB Out) > Macbook Pro via USB > Macbook Pro Firewire > External Hard Drive via Firewire (for Audio) > External Hard Drive via Firewire (for Samples i.e. Reason, Drums, etc)

I skimmed over the previous pages and didn't see this covered. If it was and I missed it, go ahead and flame me for my apathy. :)

I'm using PTHD 9 with an Avid 192 i/o. It's working great going digital in from Axe2 into PT with no problems, but I'd like to be able to just click on Axe Edit and jam around without having to run PT every time. Being that my monitors are running signal from the Avid 192, how can I set up my "set up" so I can just jam around with the Axe2 and Axe Edit w/o having to fire up PT?
In the past Digi has made it near impossible to use their hardware as an i/o without PT, but PT 9 is a new animal and I'm hoping I can now use their hardware as an interface even when not using PT.
Anyone?

thanks,
Steve

Can someone please tell me how the Axe II needs to be set up in order to work with Pro Tools 9.0.3? I've been having nothing but problems i.e. error messages and constant noise and clicking. I've tried lowering the CPU usage limit in the in the Playback Engine dialog in PT down to 60% and still get the same noise. I also get an error stating "My audio device is configured with an unsupported buffer size..." There's no option in the Playback Engine dialog in PT for the "H/W Buffer Size" and I've tried every combination of Streaming and ASIO buffer size in the FASUSB Audio Class Driver Control Panel. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

PT Error 4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom